Thread: The City of Vassenheim

Guild Novice

Wip The City of Vassenheim

For my second try at CD3 I'll try to make the large, semi magically created, city of Vassenheim.
    Magic has been used in times long gone to create the canals that the people use mainly for transport within the city. My vision of the city is something like a really Gothic looking Venice.
    Magic has since the creation of the canals of Vassenheim disappeared from the Kingdom of Rolden. The canals are nowadays maintained by a workforce paid by the Crown.

For my first CD3 map I used CD3's "style B" with some minor modifications, this time I think that I'll try something more like the "Style A" in CD3. Main reason for this is that I didn't like the textures in Style B (fields, ground, roads etc.). I want a more "clean" look. Less textures and more solid colors. We'll see how that turn out.

Step1
    Made a rough sketch of the coast/river-lines and the canals.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Vassenheim1.JPG 
Views:	107 
Size:	254.4 KB 
ID:	27591
    Last edited by Erkas357; 07-30-2010 at 08:22 AM.

I can't really comment until you've doen more but already the layout of the land is interesting.

-D-
    People come and people go. I walk amongst them, I see their faces; but none see mine. I pass them in the streets but nary a glance is spared my way, for what interest would they have in a Wanderer? Not of this world... Forever Alone... Forever Wandering... LoneWandererD...

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

RIP Angel "Ingy" Yates - The first inspiration that guided me towards art. You will be missed...

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

I love those canals already. Can't wait to see where this goes.

I'll agree, you have an interesting land map going there. In the back story did the ground breakup before or after the canals were created? My guess is after, possibly coinciding with the disappearance of magic, but that's only a guess.