Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [WEP] My first ever CD3 Map

Wip [WEP] My first ever CD3 Map

This is my first ever attempt at a CD3 map, after being inspired by Gandwarfs excellent tutorial. I did this to teach myself a 'Little' bit about the software, and have to say that it is by no means complete. A lot of touching up to do, and manipulation of the sheet settings to make things look better. I know that some of the symbols are out of scale, and there are areas that need reworking and some to complete.

The idea behind this map was a valley settlement hewn out of a great forrest at the edge of the civilised / cultivated world.

The intention of the odd split was a man-made channel to a water mill, with associate millpond. It was never intended as a natural feature. From what I have seen on Discovery and other such programmes (ie: Industrial Revelations) this was a fairly common practice, with the result of the water slowing after passing the wheel thus creating an area of slack water leading to a mill pond.

The trees and bushes surrounding the fields are trying to emulate a hedge row / boccage type of environment.

Comments and advise are always appreciated. (I hope i have uploaded this correctly )

Alp

(Worked out how to insert the image.)

Alp
    Last edited by alp; 07-27-2010 at 08:42 AM. Reason: image source

Hmmm...still no image for me to critique
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

I uploaded a JPG image into my gallery here and then editted my OP to attach that link as and IMG source URL.

I can see it fine but don't know if this is how to link a picture properly (it certainly won't expand from a thumb nail).

If I have missed something I can try again or you could look on flikr at http://www.flickr.com/photos/52416236@N05/4833656607

Also http://forum.profantasy.com/comments...page=1#Item_13

If you would like I can upload the FCW somewhere.

Having seen your, and Gandwalf's, excellent maps the comments and criticsm would be greatly appreciated as they were what convinced me to get CC3, CD3 and DD3.

Alp
    Last edited by alp; 07-27-2010 at 12:09 PM.

Well, from what I can see, it is very nice.To insert an image, there is an Insert Image option on the posts (to the right of the envelope above).

MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Blog Entries

Yeah it looks really good on the other sites. Would like to see a higher res one tho. Just do a post and hit the advanced options and manage attachments and then upload it and tick the box to insert it into the post and it should appear on the site. If you have previously uploaded it for your album then it ought to be there for the simple drag image thumb into the insert panel and tick the box to insert into post. Hope you figure it out cos its a nice looking map.

Thanks Redrobes,

I have followed the advanced options ... for want of a better word .... option.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	city1.JPG 
Views:	9796 
Size:	425.7 KB 
ID:	27540

I hope this is better (but the quality of the JPG is still poor!) I don't know how to increase the resolution of the PNG, JPG, etc .... but would love you to see all the horrible mistakes I've made ... and some of the bits I'm quite proud that I could do!

Thanks,

Alp
    Last edited by alp; 07-28-2010 at 01:12 PM.

Guild Novice

Great work. I'm also a CD3 newbie (Just posted my first city made in CD3 too). I really like the "fields in the forest" style. Looks really nice. I also like the town/city layout, seems realistic.

It's good, but you can post upwards of a 4 MEG image. To make your image larger, go to your CC3 Options, (TOOLS -> OPTIONS), and select the BMP/JPEG/PNG button and try doubling or even tripleing the BITMAP Horizontal & Vertical Pixel values, and select JPEG quality as 100% (default is 75%).

This will give you a much larger, better resolution image to post up and have us WOW over.

Nice map alp. I also would like to see a high res version. The one you posted at the PF forum is larger and I saw something odd. I forget it also everytime I use CD3: here dark red contour lines around some houses. Make sure after loading your map file that black is the selected color

Hi all,

Thanks for the feed back. I will try loading a higher res image, for you all to look at.

I hope this is a better quality image,

Alp
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	city1a.JPG 
Views:	185 
Size:	2.68 MB 
ID:	27569  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast