Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MajorCommmand / Risk style maps I've created

Guild Adept Facebook Connected RjBeals's Avatar

come on guys - there's lots of "fudging" that needs to be done for a Risk style game board. Look how big Europe is!

I know just giving you a hard time. For a risk game you can never get territories right. If you do then theirs way to many even more then you have. We are just being prideful of our own country and its geography. Don't take it seriously. I like them man. Hell you have more experience at making maps then me and you have a very nice aesthetic.
    Cheers, Julien

Battlemaps, Town Maps, Tutorials.
    All my maps and content are posted and published under this Creative Commons License. Click Here for information on licensing.

Professional Artist Guild Donor Sapiento's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RjBeals View Post
    come on guys - there's lots of "fudging" that needs to be done for a Risk style game board. Look how big Europe is!
    Great maps. I've done a similar map for a browser game, and to enlarge some areas while keeping the map balanced is far more difficult than it sounds.

Yeah, no, I wouldn't complain about British Columbia being too big, nor would I complain if it was called Alberta or Saskatchewan (because it encompasses those regions), but if it was Labeled Oregon or Quebec....well....

Hence my 'complaint' of Yukon. It's not that region and so, to me, kinda jars a little. Similar to how in the PC Game Company of Heros, Canada in World War 2 is shown with the Canadian Flag, which never even existed then (We flew the Red Ensign then, our current flag came into existence Feb 15 1965, 20 years after the war in Europe, rubbed me the wrong way. Didn't stop my enjoyment of it, just kinda...you know
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Hey these are gorgeous. I have to agree you have a great eye for the coloring and I hope to make some maps one of these days that capture that sort of feel. Thanks for sharing these great looking images.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

looks really good - never been a risk player myself - I prefer Diplomacy instead - no dice rolling, just diplomacy and back stabbing ... worked on a large diplomacy map once, but never finished it. Played a lot by mail, we had a fun way to do it - every week we posted the moves by the players in a small paper, and everybody could make articles for the paper - often mocking the other players
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Awesome maps, the colors and texture are great. Repped and rated!
    Induite vos armaturam Dei
    Ephesians 6:11

Guild Adept Facebook Connected RjBeals's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NeonKnight View Post
    Love the maps, but the last one, the YUKON territory does not even include the Yukon. It is actually the North West Territories. The Yukon and Klondike are the same geographic area.

YUKON:

NORTHWEST TERRITORIES

Sorry, just the Canadian in me
    The Canadian in you speaks the truth NeonKnight. I edite the map and changed Yukon to NW Territories. Everyone over at the game site agreed. Thanks

(edit). If anyone is curious - below are the bonus regions for this map. Again - same rules as Risk really, just on a larger scale. I suck though - and have not won a single game yet on this map.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Revised_Classic_Massive_NWT.png 
Views:	212 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	30671  
    Last edited by RjBeals; 11-03-2010 at 10:12 AM. Reason: added brief map - for the curious

*blush* Now I feel chagrin to make a big deal of it.

I enjoyed the maps, very good. As I said, for me, it was a slight disconnect from when playing, a game (even a board game) to see something mislabeled. Not a harsh critique, just a Hmmm...not really that area.

And I know all about the whole RISK nomenclature thing. Like they OWN the words Western Canada or Australia or such. Chu-yeah-right!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

hey NeonKnight, you should try living in Denmark - we're mostly portrayed as an appendix to germany *lol*
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast