Thread: MajorCommmand / Risk style maps I've created

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Adept Facebook Connected RjBeals's Avatar

Default MajorCommmand / Risk style maps I've created

I figured I would show off some of my completed maps.

Some background:
    I've been a member here for a while, and have made only a few posts. But I've learned a lot from your tutorials, and have been inspired from the high-quality work you all produce. I've been involved with Risk style online gaming sites for a couple years. Recently I've teamed up with some fantastic people who've developed www.majorcommand.com - which is very similar to Risk (but intentionaly different for infringment reasons). Hence the reason for territory names / army troops / attacking lines & such.

For some reason cartography has really interested me. It's the combination of the fine details, the geography and the art. My maps are created in Photoshop, with very few hints of Illustrator. I will sometimes create borders in Illustrator, because they have to be "warped" to fit the map. You know, you need a little creative freedom to move country borders to allow for troop containers, and maybe enlarge Europe just a bit and combine some countries. There's a couple of us who create maps for the site - and we all critique and help each other along the way.

Anyway - Some of you may have seen my Africa map (Work-in-Progress) which I posted a question about in antother thread about a month ago. Just wanted to expose these 3 to you guys - and give a thanks for the all the other beautiful maps you all have posted.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	classic-evolved-names.png 
Views:	7455 
Size:	1.45 MB 
ID:	27594   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	usa-names.png 
Views:	1747 
Size:	1.15 MB 
ID:	27595   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	classic-massive-blank.png 
Views:	2270 
Size:	1.46 MB 
ID:	27596   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	classic-massive-names.png 
Views:	1423 
Size:	1.43 MB 
ID:	27597