Thread: Map for my free fantasy game "Warrior, Rogue & Mage"

Default Map for my free fantasy game "Warrior, Rogue & Mage"

Hi!

A few days ago I released a free game, called "Warrior, Rogue & Mage", which you can download at RPGNow. The game comes with the description of a continent which contains a couple of city states but no map.

I have tried to follow several of the tutorials here with varying degrees of success, so I am asking for help. Could someone please have a look at the WR&M rulebook and create a map in a fitting style for me? The game itself is released under a CC license, so it would be great if the artist helping out with the map would be willing to release it under a CC license, too.

If you're interested, please post here or you can also contact me at info@stargazersworld.com!
    Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
    Michael Wolf

This looks like an interesting game! Just took a quick look at it, but it seems like something I'd like to do.

Now I've never done a requested map before as I'm relatively new to the guild (although not to mapmaking). And I'll be busy the next week preparing my entry for the light challenge. That's two points against me, I guess.

On the other side I'll have enough time after the challenge, and although I'm no professional, I am no newbie either. Plus I'm always interested to try something new. And I'm a roleplayer myself. And, just to mention it, I'd be able to communicate with you in German, if that's of any help to you

You can decide if that's enough for you or if you care to wait for a more proficient mapmaker. Feel free to take a look at the maps I posted here and pm me if you want to know anything else!
    Now that the warm fuzzy part is over we can get back to the ritual dismemberments. Oh wait, it's not Tuesday is it?

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Hiya Stargazer! I wouldn't mind taking this on either, if you like my hand-drawn style (i.e., the Velaedin Empire). I'd be happy to do a CC license for it, and it sounds like a great project. I'm thinking if we did go with that style, we'd want to desaturate it, so I've added a grayscale version to the finished maps thread.

Aelyn, I've checked out your maps and they are pretty cool, but Gidde's style is exactly what I was aiming for. Perhaps we can work together on another project.

Gidde, I'll send you a PM soon.

@Gidde: I just found out, I can't send you any PMs. Could you please contact me via info@stargazersworld.com?

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

You need a minimum of 5 posts before you can send a PM. Now that you have 6 you should be able to send them.

Unless the limit was bumped up and I forgot
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

The request is now taken!