Thread: Drawing Maps by Hand

Default Drawing Maps by Hand

Some time ago I uploaded a map of a noble mansion I had drawn by hand. (can be found here) The question of where I got my inspiration came up, but unfortunately all my resources were German. Still I found the tutorial I used very helpful. Thinking it was a pity I couldn't share it with you I addressed the author and he gave me permission to translate it.

So here it is, a short summary of a workshop about Drawing Plans. For those who are not interested in the whole story but just the tricks and methods I added a handout at the end that basicly sums up the main points.

I hope it's as useful to you as it was to me
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails drawing_maps.pdf  
    Now that the warm fuzzy part is over we can get back to the ritual dismemberments. Oh wait, it's not Tuesday is it?

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Great resource! Thanks for translating and posting it!

Thank you very much for sharing this!
    I'm German too so I found the original version on his homepage

Yup his homepage is quite useful. And interesting, if you have a look at his work. Being German you might also want to have a look at this, unless you already know it. These were the first tutorials I found many years ago, and they are still helpful to some extent!
    Now that the warm fuzzy part is over we can get back to the ritual dismemberments. Oh wait, it's not Tuesday is it?

Thanks. Yes I already know that page.
    Some things there are still useful. From my point of few the best thing is that everything is in german But here are much more tut's and if you understand them they are really great!!