Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gimp Script - Batch convert to pattern

Info Gimp Script - Batch convert to pattern

Asked for in this thread...

Attached is a script to batch convert a directory of images (you pick the type - jpg, png, gif, bmp) to gimp patterns. The default save location is the user pattern directory (on xp it is c:\Documents and Settings\<User>\.gimp2.x\patterns\). You can specify a prefix for the pattern names so they will be grouped together in the pattern menu. They get named <prefix>-filename_without_the_extension.

Unzip and save the script in your script directory, then refresh scripts, or restart gimp.

In gimp 2.4 it should end up under the toolbox menu "Xtns->Batch Convert to Patterns...". With Gimp 2.6 it seems to end up under "Filters->Batch Convert to Patterns..."

-Rob A>
    Attached Files Attached Files

You are the shiznit man, will you be my friend, we can make maps together, you can play in my D&D games and I'll even give you auto 20 as a free ability....lol.
    Will this automatically save the pattern in your gimp directory??? I mean next time I log will those patterns still be there?
    Last edited by heathan666; 10-14-2008 at 05:26 PM.

Guild Apprentice

I just pointed gimp to the directory where I had my patterns stored as .png files and it seems able to pull them up fine.

Am I missing something?
    Last edited by xv43; 10-14-2008 at 09:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RobA View Post
    Asked for in this thread...

Attached is a script to batch convert a directory of images (you pick the type - jpg, png, gif, bmp) to gimp patterns. The default save location is the user pattern directory (on xp it is c:\Documents and Settings\<User>\.gimp2.x\patterns\). You can specify a prefix for the pattern names so they will be grouped together in the pattern menu. They get named <prefix>-filename_without_the_extension.

Unzip and save the script in your script directory, then refresh scripts, or restart gimp.

In gimp 2.4 it should end up under the toolbox menu "Xtns->Batch Convert to Patterns...". With Gimp 2.6 it seems to end up under "Filters->Batch Convert to Patterns..."

-Rob A>

I have not taken a look at this yet.... Does it make them seamless?
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

No.... but I could throw that in...though the default gimp "make seamless" is really inclined to artifacts....

Maybe I should implement Redrobe's seamless algorithm as a gimp script and allow it as an option (since I already wrote the high pass filter script...)

-Rob A>

Quote Originally Posted by RobA View Post
    No.... but I could throw that in...though the default gimp "make seamless" is really inclined to artifacts....

Maybe I should implement Redrobe's seamless algorithm as a gimp script and allow it as an option (since I already wrote the high pass filter script...)

-Rob A>
    That might be cool. I have spent the past several hours making seamless some textures I grabbed from cgtextures, and what a pain in the butt...
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

This was probably my single biggest headache with Gimp. Now the pain is gone. Thanks Rob I owe you.

Torq
    The internet! It\'ll never catch on.

Software Used: Terranoise, Wilbur, Terragen, The Gimp, Inkscape, Mojoworld

that worked really well I scripted all my textures in there no problem. bam.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast