Thread: Hello Everyone.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Applicant

Default Hello Everyone.

My name is Brian, Just ran across this fantastic forum and had to join up. I am a long time AD&D DM and have in past enjoyed drawing up maps by hand although have not attempted to get any real quality out of them till recently.
    For work currently i do architectural drafting with the Archicad program. Not the best work to be into at the moment with the housing market and all but there it is. I blame it on my computer work that i do not use any software to make my maps at all, after using a drafting program for work i find myself only doing maps by hand.
    I have seen some amazing maps around this place and wanted to join up to be able to share what i have done and learn from others as i really wish to improve hand drawn maps.
    I attached a few maps, The Markvial one is an older map from about 6 years back, played with color in that one and really ended up disliking the map. The dead map was a more recent one that never got finished because i ended up hating the more pure top down look. The new area map is one iv just begun yesterday and plan to detail out. Planning on doing a whole grid of maps for that world as i work and detail the new area make new maps that can be put next to one another. Going to take up a whole wall i fear. The random sketch was just playing with some perspective mountains and hills while watching south parks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dead Map.JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	3.99 MB 
ID:	27626   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lands of Merkvial.JPG 
Views:	54 
Size:	3.97 MB 
ID:	27627   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New Area.JPG 
Views:	38 
Size:	3.96 MB 
ID:	27628   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Random Sketch.JPG 
Views:	31 
Size:	2.66 MB 
ID:	27629