Thread: Saxe-Blünder Augsburg

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Apprentice

Wip Saxe-Blünder Augsburg

For the past couple of weeks I've been working on a big project for a nation called Saxe-Blünder Augsburg, which is one of the larger nations in a region full of Germanic states. Saxe-Blünder is a fairly huge country (we've got a funky scale so it's like the size of South Africa) and as such I've made a huge map (5000x4970) because unfortunately it's also a very irregularly shaped nation and needs a lot of room on the sides. The culture is a hodge-podge of southern German cultures, with Austro-Bavarian being the official language, so I've been using Austro-Bavarian naming conventions.

The style I've been working in is based off of National Geographic. I shamelessly admit to having lifted the colours and style of the borders, the colours for the oceans and rivers, as well as the text style, from them, but I've replaced the text with stuff that is widely available, and I used Wilbur (which is an incredible program) for a heightmap.

The obvious problem I face is that this map is too big to show here, so I've reduced it's size significantly and unfortunately it has lost a lot of detail. But for the time being, here's a rough idea of what I've got, albeit without the tributary rivers, state borders, and sub-state borders I'm working on now.
    I would appreciate constructive C&C, and I realize that Wilbur unfortunately made some weird looking drainage areas. When I'm done with rivers, I'll post them up.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SBAMapsmaller.jpg 
Views:	278 
Size:	528.2 KB 
ID:	27648