Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: *** August 2010 Challenge - In the Beginning: a Campaign Starter ***

Blog Entries

Ultimately Jax, the voters decide whether your submission meets with their approval, and the voters are notoriously lenient. You wouldn't be the first to "riff" on the rules as written. I would rather do something a bit different from the theme that I really wanted to do, or that was useful to me, than stick closely to the rules and not enjoy the project.
    ----------
    My Deviant Art Map Gallery

I totally agree with you there. I just have a couple ideas one of which wouldn't really serve all that well as a "base of operations" if that's what this is supposed to be. If on the other hand it is just a place for the players to introduce their characters for the first time and or where an adventure is kicked off, well...things open up a bit.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

It would appear the intent is to create the "Place where you began this epic journey..." as if the story was "Well, it all began in the village of Peartree inside the White Stallion Tavern. I met Lukas the Dwarf when I accidentally dropped beer on his head while walking back from the bar...."
    "Sacrificing minions... is there any problem it cannot solve?" - Order of the Stick

Some of the books I have written, or am still writing...
    My Lulu Store

Awesome, I have an idea I'm going to attempt - I hope
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

It's pretty much up to the players whether the starting area becomes a much-returned-to "home" or a fading dot in the rear view mirror. And the first practical lesson of GM-ing is that you cannot anticipate player choices. So, the distinction is pretty arbitrary anyway.

Blog Entries

Wrapping up my last week of class for this semester and then I'm going to giver 'er a go... hopefully.
    ----------
    My Deviant Art Map Gallery

As I mentioned, I certainly do need a starting point for my intended published campaign setting, however - no time this month. I've got too many irons in the fire, Kaidan is about to start get heavy development next month, so my summer Challenge season is over more or less, good luck everyone else.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

hmmmm.. just gotten back from vacation and missed the last light challenge.. .maybe I should give this a go...
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Welcome back Tilt, I was wondering where my late night buddy went. I hadn't seen you around for a while and we seem to post often around the same time. Now that you are all refreshed it's time to get mappin!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast