Thread: Arnoria - The dying world

Default Arnoria - The dying world

First of all I never thought I’d finish this map, but sometimes you get your inspiration back. Enough of that now. This map is of a world called Arnoria, or “The dying world”, a sister (or brother) planet to the Etrakien world I’ve mapped before.

The “universe” consists of eight worlds. One original world created in the beginning of everything by the supreme being, by some referred to as god. The other seven planets are creations brought to life by violating the first world. They are just bleak copies made by minor beings pretending to be gods. In early legends they are referred to as the seven Archonts.

In the end and for many different reasons the seven Archonts and the Empire of the seven worlds started a war which ended with the complete destruction of the Empire and the Archonts. The worlds themselves where very close to follow in the same direction but could be saved. But all the worlds had to pay the toll, some more and some less. One of the worlds that had to pay the most was Arnoria.

Here all the great seas has disappeared except for one last. Replaced by a grey dessert area called “The great grey”. Lava rivers are flowing in some parts of the world and the barriers between the physical world and the borderlands (this is the area between the dreaming and the physical world) are so weak that creatures can cross. Creatures of death and nightmare.

But humanity is a strong survivor. Slowly new countries has started to grow and life is returning to this in many parts inhospitable world.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Arnoria_6.jpg 
Views:	422 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	27705  
    My finished maps

Mapping Worlds (My blog about mapping)

Imaginary maps (My facbook page devoted to mapping)

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Well, the finished product was worth the wait, that's for sure! Repped.

Sounds like an interesting if harsh world. I like the map a lot! Repped!

Thanks for the comments and it feels good to have finished it. And yes it is a harsh world, but also a world with a lot of oportunitys for adventures :-)
    My finished maps

Mapping Worlds (My blog about mapping)

Imaginary maps (My facbook page devoted to mapping)

Great map. I like it!