Thread: Sprites

Guild Apprentice

Default Sprites

Does any one know where to find sprites of buildings/animals/people i been trying to find egyptian theme'd sprites but cannot seem to find any.

And many are very pixelated due to their sheer tiny size

Any one here know much on them ?

Sprites ... for a game?
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

I haven't heard the word sprites since the late eighties, other than in the supernatural-creatures meaning. Oh, the good old days...

Do you mean bitmap type images? Try google images, or search some clipart websites.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

images.google.com and search for Egyptian clipart. I assume these are going to the cities and such for your map.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Guild Apprentice

Yes for a game i needed isometric builings/people/tents/animals for it.

Such as animals in egypt, egyptian tents/merchants and people.

Clipart just shows cartoon stuff

Not sure what size you are looking for but some of the ascii games like Dwarven Fortress have communities who create tiny image packs for use in them instead of the ascii character sets. I'm not up on sprites so not sure if it's really the same thing.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Blog Entries

I would trawl the free 3D object collections and render them out iso. Might see if there are any real aerial photos of the pyramids and other stuff and then trace them out to generate them. I know the sketchup collection has loads of this stuff so you might be able to get in touch with the original authors and see if they will let you use the shapes for your game.

EDIT -- oh yeah almost forgot... this link has come up several times before.
    http://www.thebanmappingproject.com/

It has a great interactive atlas of the tombs including 3D imagery - ok not to take and use but at least to link to since your an online game. Its a really good site - one of the best on the web.
    Last edited by Redrobes; 08-04-2010 at 02:49 PM.

Guild Apprentice

I saw the mappingproject but didn't have designs of small buildings.

This is an example of isometric sprite: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_kwzYBTXYR4...omposite_1.jpg

On a zoomed in city with images ontop of a map would appear to have a 3D effect without being birds eye view.