Thread: New Same Old Thing

Default New Same Old Thing

Every so often I piddle about with a piece of clipart. Today's clipart was the angel icon from http://www.vision44.co.uk/html/AboutVision44.html because it seemed like a nice strong image (I have no idea what they do there, but it showed up on an image search for "angel icon") . I did my usual terrain processing with a slight variation in initial heights to get the basic shape and ended up at attachment 1.

I figured it would be time to do a little bit of NPR work because, quite frankly, I'm getting tired of seeing the same old renderings. One bump shader to get a raw 3D image in Wilbur, a quick application of a high-pass convolution filter, and a perspective distort in Photoshop yielded attachment 2. I multiplied it by the basic shaded image and out fell attachment 3. I think it needs a bit more work to be mappy, but I think it might be a good start at some useful techniques including automatic random mountain symbol generation.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fc6.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	47.6 KB 
ID:	27717Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fc5.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	48.3 KB 
ID:	27718Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fc4.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	42.4 KB 
ID:	27719

Blog Entries

I never thought of using wilbur that way, but I think you are onto something.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Neat idea...
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.