Thread: Simple Forest battlemat

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected JoeyD473's Avatar

Map Simple Forest battlemat

A nothing fancy very simple forest scene Battlemat for my D&D Game. unfortunately when I go to print it it will be 81 Pages.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Forest Battlemat.png 
Views:	9023 
Size:	475.1 KB 
ID:	32957

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Pretty cool. You might want to move your grid under your trees
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Actually, I think grid over the trees is standard at least to how Wizards does their battlemats - allows for movement between the trunks. Aesthetically, below looks better though

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Once again mouth engaged before brain..You are of course 100% correct.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

You could change the color of the grid where it goes over the trees. Right now the hard lines over the trees do bother a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyD473 View Post
    A nothing fancy very simple forest scene Battlemat for my D&D Game. unfortunately when I go to print it it will be 81 Pages.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Forest Battlemat.png 
Views:	9023 
Size:	475.1 KB 
ID:	32957
    Do you have a projector or do your players have enough computers to go around? If so, I would suggest something like this be put into a VTT such as MapTool(full disclosure, I contribute code to MapTool), ViewingDale, FantasyGrounds, etc.

Alternatly, it might be worth it to got to a print shop and pay $30 or so (perhaps a bit more) to have it printed onto plotter paper so that it is one contiguous sheet(or perhaps more than one) so that it is much easy to keep up with as well as assemble. Also of note, GamePrinter does print and ship and I "believe"(but am not sure!!!) that he donates a portion of referrals back to this site.
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Guild Member

Is that Fractal Mapper? If so, I usually go with a yellow grid for my battlemats with the brightness subdued a bit.

Other than that, nice battlemat!