Thread: Village of Stonen

Guild Novice

Map Village of Stonen

Hello everyone,

I've been lurking more than posting since joining up. I apologize there is no WIP thread for this map. I picked up City Designer 3 and jumped right in. Finished this map after about 6 or 7 hours of work over a few days. It is my first serious attempt with the software after experimenting with it and I think the map turned out fairly well.

The village of Stonen started out as a logging camp on the border of the forest of Hon'eth. It has endured orc raids and elven attempts to put an end to the logging for two hundred years. Presently a truce exists with the elves of Hon'eth and the couple hundred villagers live out a quiet, peaceful life living in harmony with the land. The village has become famous for being home to the founder of the legendary all female Ranger company known as the Night Ravens. Most of those who came to settle Stonen are from the Kingdom of Ardas just to the south of the forest. Many of the village elders suspect the wizend hermit who lives in the old woodsman shack just to the northwest is in fact Stonen himself, founder of the village. Most dismiss this as nonesense as this would mean the old man is well over two hundred years old.

The village of Stonen exists in a fantasy setting I am currently working on. A project that has been gestating for several years and have finally gotten around to putting down on paper.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	village1.PNG 
Views:	496 
Size:	2.28 MB 
ID:	27795

It looks great! Especially so for being your first attempt. Good background story as well.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I can dig it, looks fine to me but I'm not the CD3 expert.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Guild Member Facebook Connected cjs0216's Avatar

Great map, man...I need to pick up that program for sure.
    "It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." -Jiddu Krishnamurti