First, you will need DungeonDraft.

Second, you will need DungeonDraft tools by EightBitz.

Thirdly, you will need some .png files you intend to put into DungeonDraft as objects.

This tutorial will not cover Terrain, Materials, Patterns, Lights, etc. This is the official DungeonDraft documentation on the processes of custom asset creation if you are curious about those.

The tutorial below shows how to Tag your custom assets so they show up in the tag browser, and Color your custom assets so they show up with Custom Color.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	how to tag in dungeondraft by Feed the Multiverse.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	575.7 KB 
ID:	134159

In short, you're going to make a file named textures.

Inside that folder place a file named objects.

Inside of that folder is your Default Tag, name it whatever you want. This is the exact name you will place in DDTools as Default Tag and the capitalization must be identical.

Now nest inside of that folder as many other tags as you want. In my pack, I want my items to show up under Solar System, space for all of the items, and then to divide up other categories: Asteroids, Nebula, Suns, Planet Sizes, etc. Inside of the planet sizes I also added rings and atmospheres.

To make your items Colorable they must be placed in a folder under your final tag tree named Colorable, it must be capitalized. The items must be set to a pure red: R: 255 G: 0 B: 0. DungeonDraft recognizes luminescence variation by default but deviations in saturation and levels of G and B will eventually cause it to no longer recognize as red, which will make the item fail to tint or, allow you to mask out specific regions to tint.

Now run DDTools and click Tag Assets. After selecting the folder before your DungeonDraft package folder it will show up in the dropdown, otherwise you will see no options to pick from in the main menu. (not the folder itself). Make sure this tag is identical to your first tag. Run it and it will generate the appropriate .json file for you.

Once this is complete you may package in DungeonDraft by going through Menu > Package Custom Assets. Pick the DungeonDraft package folder and fill in the information.

Then activate in the Assets menu by checking the correct box for your pack name and start a new map to test that it's all organized how you want it and the item custom colors pick up appropriately!

Thanks for reading.

Get my DungeonDraft assets, including the Solar System one you see here, on CartographyAssets. It's a good place to release your pack once finished!