Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First Map! Comments and Criticism Welcome!

Thanks again for all of the replies! I just realized that when scanning my map, the colors all were washed out somehow. Does anyone have an idea of how to prevent this from happening? Also, I'll try to respond to all replies in one post here, so bear with me if it's a little hard to follow.

@ Ravelis: Thank you! I know my mountains are rather basic, and that's one thing I plan on working on for my next land map (either an entirely different place or a regional map of Aevir or Indas....haven't decided yet there). I'll definitely have to check out the tutorials!

@ Prof Gremlin: Thanks for the link, I'll certainly check it out and see what I can do with it . Also, if my political map turns out well enough, I may end up posting it on here. I've been thinking about doing a city map next though, so we'll have to see what my wandering mind latches on to first haha.

@ Mearrin 69: Thanks! It's actually 1/2" graph paper I believe (sadly I'm not entirely sure...my ruler has been misplaced recently ). I've never even seen smaller graph paper, honestly.

@ Nolgoth: I've actually never done any of the tabletop role playing before, although I have been interested. I've mainly read different books (actually started making up maps after I read Lord of the Rings in gradeschool) and played some video games like that. For me, creating a different world is incredibly entertaining in and of itself. Hopefully I'll have a GIMP map posted one day!

@ Aenigma: Thank you! I really appreciate the encouragement from everyone so far!

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Great looking map - haven't read the other thread yet since I'm working my way backwards through 8 pages of entries due to have been on holiday (yep.. how could I when the Guild was still here *lol*) but I think you've made a great map, yes, the mountains could be more different but we all gotta learn. I don't find the grid distracting (not much), and look forward to seing more from your hand. Have some rep for your first upload with my mace of nice repping +5
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

oh.. and concerning the colors washing out - try to see if there isn't a control panel in you scanner software - most have. Then play with contrast and color to get a stronger scan
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Thank you! I'll definitely have to look over the scanner to see if I can't avoid that problem. Sadly, my next map will probably be rather delayed due to being back at college (senior biology major...oh boy) and the fact that I don't have a scanner here.

I'm definitely going to work on my mountains for the next map! First, I need to finish this city map that I started though, haha.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12