Thread: First Map! Comments and Criticism Welcome!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default First Map! Comments and Criticism Welcome!

Well, it took some convincing, but I finally decided to post a map on here. I've lurked around for a while, and most of the maps on here blow my mind. Ramah's maps in particular are incredible, but I've also enjoyed looking through Ascension's great stuff. Also, the thread on how to properly make rivers was of great help. It's nice knowing there are other people out there who enjoy doing this, as for a while I thought I was alone!

This is a map of Aevir and Indas, two landmasses that exist in this world that I am creating. I'm currently working on a political map, and would eventually like to map out individual regions, kingdoms, cities, towns, and fortresses. I'm also working out the history of the place. I'm eventually hoping to base some writing in this little world of mine, but for now simply making the maps is entertainment enough.

I drew the map out with a mechanical pencil, then added color with colored pencil. This is actually the first map that I've ever added color to, so I'm rather proud of it. No computer programs for this guy, although I do have a friend that has promised to give me Photoshop 3 for me to try

Any comments or criticism is strongly encouraged, as I know I have a lot to learn! What can I do to get better? Is the scale believable?

Also: this map is my property alone. I posted this in a lower quality than the scanned copy on my computer, and I also have the original. I do not give anyone permission to use this map in any way, shape, or form at all. I would also appreciate being given credit if any inspiration is taken from my maps.

P.S. - This is also my first time posting an image like this on a website, so if it isn't showing up I'll definitely try and fix it ASAP
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Indas CG Copy.jpg 
Views:	362 
Size:	580.9 KB 
ID:	27830