Thread: A Proper Introduction

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post A Proper Introduction

‘ello! Long time lurker; first time poster!

As a Referee/Dungeon Master for many years, I have found the hardest resource to find for gaming to be good maps and floor plans. Back in the old days before the internet existed (might be hard for the youngsters to remember or even comprehend such technologically deficient existence) referees would draw maps by hand on graph paper. Or if you were lucky, you might find a history or architecture book at the local library with a decent map you could photocopy at 10 cents per copy! (Yes, I said 10 cents – back when people could actually buy things for a dime – that tells you how old I am.) But I digress… Anyway, I made the switch over to digital mapping as one must always move forward – right now I am trying to learn Gimp as several of the members have recommended it highly. As such, I would like to share some of my floor plans and maps. Not sure if anyone can or will use them, but I wanted to contribute.

A few things to note:

1. Except for my lack of talent, time, & software, I think I make nice maps.
    2. Form does follow function.
    3. Modern buildings do have bathrooms.
    4. I do not make “pretty” maps (see 1 above). And I call them “pretty” only because I am horribly jealous of the talented artists who generously share their work here. That is my version of a compliment.
    5. If you use, modify, or enhance any of my maps, I would love to hear from you and/or see the results!
    6. Any thoughts, ideas, or feedback is always appreciated.
    7. And all the standard disclaimers and copyrights apply – no commercial use without rewarding me handsomely, blah, blah, blah…

Cheers and good gaming!

Tim
    Last edited by sayosen; 08-07-2010 at 02:49 PM. Reason: Damn poor spelling!