Thread: Hi there!

Post Hi there!

Hi everybody,

I'm Momiji, Momo for short. 20 years old, from the UK. I'm a student at university studying Computer Games Design and Development (A mouth full right!?) And contrary to popular belief, its actually quite a challenging subject. I don't have a particular focus, I concentrate my skills on 3D modelling, story writing and design documentation. A game I've been working on (Or rather, a full conversion) just released our first beta demo to the public 2 weeks ago.

I'm no stranger to RPG gaming, D&D and such. This is my first serious look into making maps. The attached map is the world map of this game, it is also my first world-scale map that I've produced. I've used and taught myself photoshop and look forward to learning a great deal from you guys!

I would love some comments and criticism for it, its still a work in progress though, I would really appreciate any help or suggestions for creating forests and deserts on such a map.

A little background for the map; it's a giant basin, the world is 600 miles or so across, the edge of which has never been successfully climbed, to the population, the world is flat, the idea that it is round is ridiculous to it's inhabitants.

Edit: So after looking at some amazing maps some of you guys have heree, and seeing how some of your techniques, I've improved on my map, which I have attached here. attach here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Metius - Map.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	2.42 MB 
ID:	27911   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Metius - Map.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	2.86 MB 
ID:	27937  
    Last edited by Momiji; 08-09-2010 at 09:04 AM. Reason: re-read it and felt I sounded really big headed! >.<

Sounds like fun actually!

Welcome to the Guild!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

welcome.. and nice looking map - I would suggest you make a WIP (Work In Progress) thread and post the maps there, then probably more will see it
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Thank you to all the friendly welcomes and feedback, there is a WIP thread that I created after making this thread.

Here's the link; http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...he-Grand-Basin