Thread: Map of Spain-Medieval Total War II

Help Map of Spain-Medieval Total War II

So I'm working on a story for Medieval Total War II as the Moors. One of the things I need to work on is an accurate geographic map of the area and an accurate historical map of where all the major cities and castles are. Now my biggest concern right now is getting the geography right. Unfortunately I ran into three problems:

1. I can't seem to find a good, high-res map of Spain's geography.
    2. I'm looking for either vectors, brushes or techniques to create mountains, rives, and other gerosgrphic features.
    3. I also want to have a good representation of the fertility of the land (Grassy, Barren, Rocky) and the illusion of elevation.

Here is what I have so far. Map of Spain v. 1.0:

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Have you tried images.google.com? I saw lots of stuff there (that one river not connected to anything in the middle flows southwest and joins that river to the sea). Also try flashearth.com for a satellite view. For anything more you will need a DEM - digital elevation model.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Here is an elevation map, topographic map, and climate map of Spain.

I think that the map's coastline is too bold, it makes the mini-peninsula things (on Northeast Spain's Atlantic coast) looks kinda messy and the Strait of Gibraltar looks as if it is closed. A thick coast is not really necessary because the land and sea have very distinct colors. A thinner coast would definitively suffice.

There are many excellent "hand-drawn" mountain brushes in the Guild & deviantART and also many tutorials on how to make "satellite-image" mountains in the guild. You should checkout the Mapping Elements and Tutorials/How-to sections of the Guild.
    Induite vos armaturam Dei
    Ephesians 6:11