Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A nice way to show off your maps and adventures online - Issuu

Default A nice way to show off your maps and adventures online - Issuu

Issuu is a free online publication hosting service (there is a pro edition as well), I came across it when I was browsing through Boing Boing.

I've uploaded my tutorial on Fantasy City building - looks pretty good.

Another example of a map book here.

Issuu homepage here.

Blog Entries

Wow, that is really something else. For some reason I had never looked at your city building tutorial before. I guess I'm still working out larger scale mapping. I will get to it now.

I agree, I really like the format and layout. Makes the doc easy to access and read. I wonder how this compares to LuLu.

That's pretty cool. I'll have to think about it.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Neat stuff Ravs!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

It's quite good for doing portfolios easily too - You can just make the portfolio in a word document or desktop publishing document and it will convert it quite well. I've added my portfolio at the end of my sig. It's pretty easy to do and the result isn't bad at all (apart from all the crappy maps I've included!).

Ravells, that looks really great the way you set that up. I honestly don't think there are many crappy maps in there either

Sheesh, I don't even have close to enough work to even create a portfolio - I best get back to it
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Blog Entries

Way to go, your portfolio is really nice. I think I also now see how to make a book cover texture from your tutorial. I think after a while I'm starting to finally "get" what the techniques are to re-create things.

Thanks guys,

Jax, entering challenges is a great way to make material for your portfolio because the challenge deadline makes you finish it - I think about 50% of my portfolio are challenge entries. hohum, it must be my advancing years, but I don't remember ever making a tutorial on book covers!

best

Ravs

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Ravs - I don't think you give yourself anywhere near enough credit, your portfolio shows a wide range of styles and skills (not to mention some really damn fine cartography).
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast