Thread: Kurvantium - An island map

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Kurvantium - An island map

Another experiment: Although when I started I had no real intention of sharing it because I fully expected a horrid mess. It may still be a mess but hopefully it's not too horrid

I hand drew the island, mountains, hills and rivers and scanned that in. I created the forests using an experiment with the Gimpressionist (I call them my most cheating-est forests ever). I was going to draw them by hand but thought, what the heck?

I have to label everything still - that will come next I think.

The first image is a copy of the island without the city markers and then one with them. I drew all the city icons and then colored them digitally.

Seems like there were more experiments on this but I can't recall atm. I think the forests were the big one. The forest to the North East is the 'Deadwood' and fraught with peril I guess, hehe. The purple tower I call "Silly wizard's Tower" but I'll probably come up with a real name for it.

C&C welcome
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KurvantiumNOcities.jpg 
Views:	303 
Size:	2.37 MB 
ID:	27974   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kurvantium.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	2.38 MB 
ID:	27973  
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt