Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Project Cosmos - New Haven, Capital World

Default Project Cosmos - New Haven, Capital World

I first posted this in the Scifi forum but figured since it wasn't a WIP I should put it here in the gallery. Sorry, Mods, still figuring this place out.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New_Haven_web.jpg 
Views:	617 
Size:	662.7 KB 
ID:	28185
    Like I said in the first post for this map, it's the home world for humanity in my universe I work on my free time. In this distant future humanity goes by the new name- 'Belkuri'.
    I have a bunch of other maps like this one for other worlds in my universe that I'll post up when I get more time.

THE BIG VERSION IS HERE.

Hope you enjoy it. I'll upload more planets later.

Well done! The blue borders remind me of the Next Generation layout.

Thanks a lot, Katto. Yeah some of the borders do a little. I tried to stay away from too much of that influence.

The NG layout has a very high recognition factor especially the blue border. You can find variants of it almost everywhere: car computer, navigation system etc. I really would try another color and layout because everyone will connect it with Star Trek immediatly.

Quote Originally Posted by Katto View Post
    The NG layout has a very high recognition factor especially the blue border. You can find variants of it almost everywhere: car computer, navigation system etc. I really would try another color and layout because everyone will connect it with Star Trek immediatly.
    Ah, well I would, but these are going to be printed. And I'd already chosen the final layout.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

looks really good .. .have some rep for that with my +5 phaser of repping
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Guild Adept

Awesome map. Don't care about any perceived Star Trek similarities.

I have to disagree - Star Trek isn't my first instinct when I see this, but it does evoke a typical sci-fi layout... In a good way! It gets the point across what the setting of the map is, as if I'm seeing it right on any kind of console not just the Enterprise's. And the information panes underneath bring back memories of classic sci-fi exploration games like Star Control and Mass Effect.

Quite frankly, it makes me want to play a game based on your map

Quote Originally Posted by exit View Post
    I have to disagree - Star Trek isn't my first instinct when I see this, but it does evoke a typical sci-fi layout... In a good way! It gets the point across what the setting of the map is, as if I'm seeing it right on any kind of console not just the Enterprise's. And the information panes underneath bring back memories of classic sci-fi exploration games like Star Control and Mass Effect.

Quite frankly, it makes me want to play a game based on your map
    Woohoo!! :p I've been making concept cards for Magic: The Gathering style game for Project Cosmos as well if anyone wants to see those. I'm not sure what forum they'd go in though...

Love to see them. I think you could put them in the General forum...several have posted other sorts of art there.
    M

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast