Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: [Award Winner] A medieval town map tutorial in Photoshop

Quote Originally Posted by Midgardsormr View Post
    Or instead of deleting stuff, once you have what you want selected (before you inverse), use Ctrl-J to copy the selected pixels to a new layer.
    That's it!

Thanks. That made life a lot easier!

Question island

Has anyone ever managed to create an island/coastal settlement with this program? If so, how did you pull it off?

Hey guys, my first post here, I just wanted to say that I found this tutorial to be awesome! I came up with something fairly good on my first try, and I made it especially difficult on myself by making it coastal. So, here's my first attempt, and if you have any questions about the coastal work, daftpirate, I'll do my best to answer

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sonora.jpg 
Views:	585 
Size:	729.9 KB 
ID:	37684

Very good for a first map! I suggest to open a WIP thread for it.

Edit: Oops, you already did.
    Last edited by Katto; 08-11-2011 at 04:20 AM.

very well done. i learned alot

Hi, great tutorial, especially for the shadows. But unfortunately for me, this is the part that I don't understand
    When you say "add shadows" after darken areas, what do you mean exactly ? The difference between your two screenshots before/after are amazing (page 17/18 of the PDF) but I can't achieve that

Thanks anyway !

This is a really great tutorial. When working through these things, I have a much easier time with a printed copy...so, I copied the relevant posts and pictures into a pdf (attached to this post). Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A medieval town map tutorial in Photoshop.pdf 
Views:	2494 
Size:	2.57 MB 
ID:	48404
    *Most of my Maps can be seen in full resolution on my blog*

*I've made some of my maps into full adventures available for download at DriveThruRPG.com or Paizo.com

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License unless stated otherwise in the thread.

I'm very new to all of this and I'm trying to do this tutorial using Gimp. Was doing ok until I got to the rocks/mountains part. But now I'm very much lost. If anyone has the patience to help me with this I would greatly appreciate it. This image shows where I'm at. Do I even have the dark lines drawn correctly???
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	133 
Size:	189.7 KB 
ID:	63169

amazing tutorial thank you, i learned something awesome.~

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567