Thread: Map done with CD3 - Falkport

Default Map done with CD3 - Falkport

Falkport is a small port city in the lands of the Khulzad Alliance. The Khulzad Alliance is found on this map http://www.cartographersguild.com/al...chmentid=27632 in the bottom center of the map. It is on the south side of the Iraldian Highlands.

Until the City of Greenflow was captured by the Alliance, Falkport was the only real port that the alliance had. The city sees a good deal of trade flowing from the dwarven city of Khulzad, so even though it is a small port, it stays fairly busy. The city is a well maintained city, and is pretty peaceful overall. The crime rate stays pretty low, and for the most part there is only a little threat from surrounding lands.

However, things are on the verge of change. The Kingdom of Herinoch, and the Empire of the Golden Lands are forming an alliance to destroy the Khulzad Alliance. Even now, spies are starting to make their way into the lands, and unknown to the people of Falkport, the Empire is considering trying to land an invasion fleet near Falkport, and starting the war there.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Falkport.jpg 
Views:	275 
Size:	432.4 KB 
ID:	28043  

This is a higher resolution version.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Falkport.jpg 
Views:	234 
Size:	1.58 MB 
ID:	28044  

I'd say this turned out very well. Never used CC3/CD3 before but it looks like it gives good results...have to check it out (I have FM8 but have never much used it).
    M

Good work and much faster than your last city map In the high res version you can see some vertical line artifacts. Is this a result of the jpg export from CD3?

I really like the texturing and layout, but the text is a little less clear.

Good work and much faster than your last city map In the high res version you can see some vertical line artifacts. Is this a result of the jpg export from CD3?
    I think that it is. I haven't found a good way to do an export yet. If I save it at a high enough resolution to see the details, it crashes my computer, so I use a print to JPG program, and then it does this. I am still working on it.

I really like the texturing and layout, but the text is a little less clear.
    On the CC3 file the print looks better, but I just can't get the output to be as crisp.

It sounds ridiculous, but if you can't save the map in a proper way zoom in to your favourite view, turn on the effects and make screenshots (ctrl+print). Open PS, paste them from the clipboard and cut the map part. Move around the map in CC3 and continue the procedure. At the end you can stich the map parts together.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

nice little town.. the ships are blurry, but that could be your afore mentioned problem..
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

nice map landorl .. I like harbour cities. I want to buy the CD3 too but I've one question ... are all those ships icons from the CD3 or are they drawn by yourself? And if yes (they are part of CD3) is there an option to turn the icons in several directions?
    http://www.cartographersguild.com/signaturepics/sigpic27022_1.gif