Thread: Long Lost Map of Tannin

Guild Member Facebook Connected cjs0216's Avatar

Map Long Lost Map of Tannin

Though no one here has seen this map before, I'm calling it finished as it was only a sort of personal challenge as well as practice (fonts, aging, etc) and I thought it turned out pretty well...and I'll probably never come back to it. The main two maps are maps that I had already done with slight editing. I renamed a few countries from my Arnan world because I thought the original names sounded pretty stupid. The city map inset is just a city generated from the RPG Citymap Generator that I colored in and is by no means a final layout of the city it's supposed to be. So anyways, here's my first "final" map.

And it's labeled Tannin-Mercator because the source map form which I got the idea was labeled so, well without the Tannin part anyways...lol

And Acsension, I'm still working on the shading techniques you showed me with the other map, I haven't given up on it yet.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tannin-Mercator2.png 
Views:	401 
Size:	2.71 MB 
ID:	28322  
    Last edited by cjs0216; 08-22-2010 at 05:58 PM.
    "It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." -Jiddu Krishnamurti

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected Rythal's Avatar

looks very good!

I think that the brushes on the Island map look too uniform, especially compared to the left side of the page

good job though, I like the town especially for some reason.

Yeah, I haven't quite got the hang of drawing mountains and stuff like that yet with my tablet, but I'm getting there.
    "It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." -Jiddu Krishnamurti

Interesting map.
    Out of curiosity what is that transparent thing that I can can see under the city map?It seems to me as if it is a semi-transparent copy of the others two maps right half.

Edit:Looking at it more I now think that it is a semi-transparent horizontally flipped copy of the other two maps right half.
    Now I'm quite confused.
    Last edited by Avengeil; 08-25-2010 at 09:52 AM.

It was supposed to simulate ink from the right side fading into the left side from being folded so long...lol I should have probably grunged that side up pretty good so you only see a little bit of transfer...this whole map was just an experiment and I'll file that away as something I need to work on if I try it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Avengeil View Post
    Now I'm quite confused.
    Looks like cjs0216 intended it to be a kind of bleed over of the ink based on the map being folded in half for an extended period of time.

ETA: Looks like the OP beat me to the post...
    Last edited by ProfGremlin; 08-25-2010 at 11:05 AM.

I would have never thought of that explanation but it does look quite cool.