Thread: Eastern Anneira (revision)

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Map Eastern Anneira (revision)

This is a redesign of a map/world I've posted twice before; each incarnation has grown in detail and scope. I just started writing a 'handbook' for this setting that I may use as a basis for a novel someday. This is only the southeastern portion of a fairly large continent. In addition to this one, there are at least four more continents, which I've only thought about in the sketchiest of detail so far. Anneira itself is a 'classic' (read - medieval European) low-fantasy setting. One exception is the decided paucity of magic-users; two events in the past have led to a world which fears and distrusts magic.

Thanks and kudos go to Ramah and vhailor27 for the hill brushes (which I used as mountains ). The map was done in photoshop with multiple land and forest layers to get the 'dissolved/blurred' effects on the coastlines and forest edges. Fonts used are Freebooter, Fertigo Pro, and good old Times New Roman. All artwork is from Clipart ETC.

Hope y'all like it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AnneiraV5 copy.jpg 
Views:	353 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	28045  

Nice, I like the colors you used too.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Nice work! Goes right into my favs folder.

Quabbe

Nice map! The choice of colors is well done and thanks for the link, nice stuff there.

A really nice map and the colors are wonderful but I don't know why but the sea seems to me as it is in a higher elevation than the landmasses.

P.S. Don't take my opinion seriously cause I might be saying what doesn't feel right to me but talentwise I'm dry as a rock.