0 0%
  • Joust - Map Vandal

0 0%
  • Battle Room - RecklessEnthusiasm

11 40.74%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: *** July/August Voting - Fields of Glory ***

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

Actually Ender's Game isn't a game, but a novel (and a whole series of novels follows it, including a second series from the perspective of one of the other characters). I'll admit I'm surprised someone hasn't turned the Battle Room into a game of some sort

Orson Scott Card is the author, if you end up getting intrigued enough to check it out.

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Yeah, Apologies to all. I got massively distracted and I just haven't put in the yards on it. Should have, could have, but didn't.
    "Sacrificing minions... is there any problem it cannot solve?" - Order of the Stick

Some of the books I have written, or am still writing...
    My Lulu Store

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

I voted for Jax. Something about the thought of being trapped in that cavern while the squid-thing crawls out of the water towards you... brrrr....

Jaxlion got my vote for being both visually interesting and extremely practical for roleplaying/VTT--something I consider a pleasant bonus whenever I see it. Sadly, already sent rep his way, so I'll have to spread some love. Aelyn's is well worth repping too (and I'd do it, but at the moment, clicking the button seems to produce no results... I'll try again tomorrow)
    Last edited by RecklessEnthusiasm; 08-17-2010 at 02:09 PM.

After two weeks without high-speed internet (and this site just doesn't work on dial-up), I couldn't enter, but at least I got back in time to vote for Aelyn. I liked all the entries, even the simpler Joust and tug-of-war ones, but Aelyn's had a charm and mappiness that put it up top.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

great challenge - unfortunatly I didn't return in from my vacation in time to enter ... had this great idea with a lot of floating platforms though... but I'm in for the next one.
    My vote goes for Jax for this one, love the cave and all the openings where things can emerge from, the weapons places here and there and pits and platforms - very nice
    Really like the look of both RE's and Aeylins both very nice indeed. Juggs had a great idea (anything viking like is good of course) but obviously didn't have time enough to map it and Map Vandals didn't really strike home - didn't know the game
    good show all
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Pretty close running this month. The voting will end tonight at 10pm GMT, 5pm EST.

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Congratulations to RecklessEnthusiasm for winning the August/September challenge with Battle Room. The new piece of silverware has been awarded - well done!

Congrats RE, nicely done, it's a beautiful tribute to one of my favorite Novels.

I will try to incorporate the points made regarding my piece (both being too blurry and being too sharp) for a final version. The only bummer for me is that I wish I had the comments two weeks ago when I was wondering what else to tweak. My thread, indeed I would say the Lite challenge thread, seemed almost depressingly quiet this time around. I'm not complaining because in the end it's my eye and my thought process that needs to improve. Maybe some saw these things but just figured I would naturally address them. Also, with all the good entries around here you sometimes have to nit pick just so you can make up your mind. I do anyway.

Now at least I see an area I am having a real issue with and that is in merging layers so they blend like they should. I will experiment on this and may be seeking some help from you all later.

On to the next challenge, you can't let the grass grow under your feet or your pencil in this case.

Congrats again RE!
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

aye, gratz RE, great map!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast