Thread: hello

Default hello

hi guys and gals....i jus joined in on the cartographer guild.....i jus need a link to download the most easiest of fantasy map making softwares....as easy as paint....i jus want to make the terrain for the map.....i have done it on paper....but pencil doesnt brng out the true color....so any software used only for making mountains rivers desert swamps etc....but very easy....and if u b so kind to post the links also.....thanks

Welcome to the Guild! You should checkout the Quickstart Guide to Fantasy Mapping and the List of Mapping Software. Also, snoop around the tutorial section of the forum.
    Induite vos armaturam Dei
    Ephesians 6:11

Welcome to the Guild!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Gallifreyan i gone thru the links....but the problem is that the software used are mainly for games and are detailed.....is there any software where there are built in mountains and rivers and deserts....and u jus select and post them.....like in warcraft 2 map editor.....or tell me a software which can build a map like one built for shannara series by terry brooks.....many here are like lord of the rings type maps.....to much detail....to much time studying the tutorial....
    u can look at the shannara map here
    http://www.google.com.pk/imgres?imgu...ed=0CBcQ9QEwAA

thnks for the links though

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

it sounds like you want something like Campaign Cartographer - it got a lot of predefinded map elements, but no matter what you choose you have to work for it - nothing comes without work
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Campaign Cartographer 3 is the latest.....but i cant find any demo version for it......