Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Centralia - Traffic Routes Map

Professional Artist Guild Donor Sapiento's Avatar

Wip Centralia - Traffic Routes Map

I welcome any critique for this before I place it in the finished section.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cen Tac.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	4.37 MB 
ID:	28103  

This might be a little "picky" of me! ?? The airlane between Sanzley and Osbenleyw appears to bypass closely by the Nexus at Mallenbring. I would imagine that the nexus lines would naturally be attracted through each nexus (or generated by them?), constraining flight paths to those avenues. On the mundane level it also implies that there is no "service" between Mallenbring and these two other points -
    "Single first class non-stop to Mallenbring please",
    "Sorry sir, you have change at Waibenly, a free terminal rickshaw service is available!"

I guess much is dependant on the "physics" of the nexuses - be they natural locations or manmade constructs an so on.
    I need to think about air travel in my RQ campaign I'm working on, the Godlearners can get up to some weird stuff....
    --
    "I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly dreaming I am a man"

My Finished Stuff
    ............. Some of my 3D Stuff (POVRay)

Quote Originally Posted by Crayons View Post
    This might be a little "picky" of me! ?? The airlane between Sanzley and Osbenleyw appears to bypass closely by the Nexus at Mallenbring. I would imagine that the nexus lines would naturally be attracted through each nexus (or generated by them?), constraining flight paths to those avenues. On the mundane level it also implies that there is no "service" between Mallenbring and these two other points -
    "Single first class non-stop to Mallenbring please",
    "Sorry sir, you have change at Waibenly, a free terminal rickshaw service is available!"

I guess much is dependant on the "physics" of the nexuses - be they natural locations or manmade constructs an so on.
    I need to think about air travel in my RQ campaign I'm working on, the Godlearners can get up to some weird stuff....
    Good eyes! ;-)
    That's intentionally. The number of connections of each nexus is limited. And not all nexi are discovered at the same time. When the connection is established at high costs the Imperial auditors will be very nasty if it is changed without good reason.
    If more connections are discovered this phenomenon may repeat several times.
    The aether ships must stay horizontally within a few hundred meters of the aether line. Actually this ration is better for vertical direction as it is improved by the interference of aetheric and gravitational forces, so that ships can actually rise to two miles above the line.

Guild Novice

Coloring is a little off to me. It looks great as a thumbnail but when magnified in the color is, for lack of a better word, dull. If you use Adobe Photoshop, you can mess with the levels of each color range to make it pop more.

Also, the outer glow of red, for black lettering makes it a bit dull as well. Potentially, if you use adobe illustrator, you can expand the lettering to make them pop and apply gradients. Black and red, although great together, does not necessarily apply to your maps color palette.
    Please link back to me if used

Quote Originally Posted by Sapiento View Post
    Good eyes! ;-)
    That's intentionally. The number of connections of each nexus is limited. And not all nexi are discovered at the same time. When the connection is established at high costs the Imperial auditors will be very nasty if it is changed without good reason.
    If more connections are discovered this phenomenon may repeat several times.
    The aether ships must stay horizontally within a few hundred meters of the aether line. Actually this ration is better for vertical direction as it is improved by the interference of aetheric and gravitational forces, so that ships can actually rise to two miles above the line.
    Ah!! The legal beagles run the show!
    I dunno if this is common knowledge but...
    In the old days of UK canals and barges and all that, canals were dug by different companies. When one company wanted to join their canal to someone else's they were usually required to do so at a higher "level" so that water would naturally go from the new canal into the old. This means that the junction would be a lock where the water level drop might only be six inches but at least the older canal got the water... I remember going through one and for some reason it took ages for just 6 inches.
    I wonder if a similar kind of "energy bleed" system might fit into your storyline?
    --
    "I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly dreaming I am a man"

My Finished Stuff
    ............. Some of my 3D Stuff (POVRay)

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

I would suggest lowering the opacity of the grid (if it hasn't already been covered - I only skimmed the posts).
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm with SG, the grid is a bit dominating - otherwise looking really good
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

I like your map, but I agree that the grid is a bit much.
    Induite vos armaturam Dei
    Ephesians 6:11

Wip

I reduced the opacity of the grid and changed the red outer glow of the national names to a golden one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cen Tac.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	4.25 MB 
ID:	28165  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Much better, though for me it could be reduced even more
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast