Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Furniture Store

Map Furniture Store

Another old floorplan I made for Traveller - great place for a shoot-out!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Furniture Store.jpg 
Views:	2541 
Size:	582.9 KB 
ID:	28109  

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

hi sayosen, cool that you're posting a handfull of maps, and modern maps too, which we don't see too many off. A larger size maps would be cool, something that'll print nicely ... have some rep for your first uploads
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

With my original design program, I was limited in size - so I either squeezed maps into a single page or had to make them larger and then do the old "print, cut, & tape" method. And will the maps I uploaded not print well? If so, any advice on how to make them print better would be appreciated.

Blog Entries

its size, size, size...
    divide your pixels by at least 200 to see how many inches it will print to sharply. (and by 300 would be better with modern printers)

The problem would be that you've made them in a pixel based program (or am I wrong) - which means you can't really scale upwards. So with all those lines you've got I'd propose to make the next maps in Illustrator or Inkscape - those are vector and can scale to the moon and back
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::

Thanks for the advice, Tilt! And yes, you are right about them being pixel based. So far I have been posting old floorplans I made years ago using software that was made years ago! To bad they can't be converted. I will have to give Inkscape a try and come up with some new designs.

Serif Drawplus auto-trace to the rescue. Drawplus's auto-trace feature really rocks - the result looks pixel perfect to me. I can't say enough good things about Drawplus (Fanboi that I am). I've attached your furniture store as a vector image - so now you can scale it to the moon and back in Inkscape!

It would be interesting to compare the autotrace feature of Drawplus against illustrator...does Inkscape or Xara have one? Tilt, could you do an autotrace of the image in illustrator? I'd like to compare the two.

Sayosen, if you'd like me to convert your other drawings into vector I'd be happy to. It just takes seconds to do.

cheers

Ravs
    Attached Files Attached Files

Blog Entries

I would love to do an autotrace of it.. .however, I doubt the result (thats why I didn't suggest it) - but ... challenge accepted
    regs tilt

Ravells, thanks for the software recommendation - I am downloading Drawplus as I type this! In the mean time, please feel free to convert any of the floor plans I have posted. I just want to make better floor plans and hope people can use them in their games.

As you can tell I am learning as I go here - so thanks for the patience and the tips!

Blog Entries

and here is my version - traced in Illustrator, saved as svg
    Now I'm no expert in tracing but have used the tool now and again - so perhaps someone could do a sligthly better job, but I think I got pretty close to what the program can do
    Attached Files Attached Files
    regs tilt

Looks identical to me, tilt!

sayosan, if you choose to go with drawplus, we will have 2 drawplus users on the site (and at least 2 Xara users) - similar product.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast