Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fantasy World Map (Satellite View)

Drawing satellite style maps requires no drawing talent at all! It's all procedure.
    Sven, check out Oldguy's tutorial on coastalines to start with. When you've got a good coastine, check out pasis's mountain tutorial and perhaps Jezelf's tutorial on drawing continents too. All of these are procedural steps.
    Betcha if you fooled around with these you'd get something more individual and good looking.

best

RAvs

Blog Entries

Just want to chime in that you are doing a good job. Stitching together images like you are is not at all easy and you have done a good job. As for the ice and snow near a desert, you did mention something about winter in the South. Perhaps looking at the difference between hot deserts ( like the sahara) and cold deserts (like the Gobi) will give you confirmation on your choices. I, for one, do not know the answer.

Guild Member Facebook Connected cjs0216's Avatar
    "It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." -Jiddu Krishnamurti

Oh cool. Thanks! I'll take a look through it tonight. I've got the day off tomorrow so I'm going to try and make some good progress with it then.

Completely forgot to keep my promise... mea maxima culpa! Does it help if I say that I'm impressed still? I'll make up for it and write a more eloquent answer once you show your latest progress!
    Now that the warm fuzzy part is over we can get back to the ritual dismemberments. Oh wait, it's not Tuesday is it?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12