Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: August entry: Go Yurt!

Looking good. The rug by the door is evil. Love the little weapon/helmet stands by the door.
    M

Thanks, LOL, I call the welcome mat my "Psycho Donkey" and if it had words it would read, "Don't JACK with the Yurt!"

I was doodling with my mouse on that one and that wicked looking thing is what I ended up with. So I decided it would be my Psycho Donkey which makes me grin when I see it now.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Psycho Donkey.. like the one from Shrek only evil
    looks really good a lot of nice details
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Can't make up my mind what to do with the support beams and "wheel" portion of the Yurt. For now I think I like this amount of visibility but at times I just want to toss the lid out completely. I plan to do a side view and some more text plus have to finish up the bathroom area. Oh and the whole thing is supposed to be about 50 feet in diameter.

Anything I'm missing please feel free to mention because after this weekend I don't think I will have much time for this.

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Yurt stepsave.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	3.24 MB 
ID:	28343  
    Last edited by Jaxilon; 08-23-2010 at 05:27 AM.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

You could always have the 'lid' as a separate image to show what it looks like. Though a side image may accomplish that as well.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Really colourful. It brings to mind the idea of David Eddings' Rivans, boring looking on the outside but very colourful on the inside.
    Are you going to match up the sharpness of the items? Some things are still blurry whilst others are, perhaps, a bit too sharp?
    I think the supports look fine, they give it "shape" without detracting from the image. Unless you're expecting Ninja roof climbers* to come in through the smoke hole, it's not too necessary to take it further? (Special Ninja skill, "Yurtrufjutsu")
    --
    "I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly dreaming I am a man"

My Finished Stuff
    ............. Some of my 3D Stuff (POVRay)

Yeah I plan to go through while applying shadows and hopefully even things out. Once again I'm up against stuff I drew by hand and stuff I drew on the computer. My hand work doesn't match my mousework and I don't think it ever will. Hopefully when I get a tablet some of this crap will go away.

Hehe: Ninja's in the Smoke Hole - sounds like an interesting adventure. Hey that gives me an idea....<off to the challenge suggestions I go now>.

Another evenings progress. I worked on the sharpness and blur of the various items so they more evenly matched one another. Also finished off the bathroom, complete with a tub for having a soak. Added a scale showing the diameter but then it ended up in the corner panel so I'll have to fix that somehow.

Fiddled a bit with creating some corner panels, drew a side view of the Yurt and placed it in a corner panel. Still need to make a frame of some kind. This one also does NOT show the roof beams. If you got a moment let me know if you like it better without them or if you liked the previous look.

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Yurt stepsave.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	1.73 MB 
ID:	28342  

Looks great.

I liked the beams but they looked a little thin, actually. Maybe thicken them up and add a bit of wood texture to them? They're not necessary, though - especially if you maybe use those tab things to give some more "architectural explanation".

BTW, there's a box outside the front door that seems to have a white border around it that didn't get removed/made transparent. You probably already knew about it but I figured I'd point it out in case it had slipped your notice.

Are you going to create any text explaining things? This yurt, BTW, is perfect for Argria (see my city entry in the CWBP). I was picturing more of a tent-like deal for most of the dwellings but had also wanted a more permanent residence for the folks that had settled in Argria for trade. If you're not doing anything with this after the challenge maybe you'd think about making this part of the CWBP? Just a thought.
    M

1) Sounds like a plan. I will see if I can make them more wooden looking. Can't be too thick or a Camel could never carry them....well, maybe if they are made of Balsa wood but I don't think that's used, hehe.
    2) I had thought about making a picture of the whole thing bound up on a camel or a couple horses for transport, maybe I should pursue that. I want to put some text explaining something but I haven't come up with anything good.
    3) I had noticed that stupid white around the chair. Right after I posted it of course. Thanks for reminding me though because it wouldn't be beyond me to forget
    4) I would love to contribute this to the CWBP when finished! That would be awesome. Baring someone coming along and offering actual money for it this baby is destined for CWBP.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast