Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: August entry: Go Yurt!

So that's not a mail box outside?
    I think you had the pole sizes about right, it is just a heavy duty tent after all. I think I preferred it "with" roof poles so my that would be my "vote" on the subject - but I don't vote in competitions I'm a part of so feel free to mark it as a possible hanging chad.
    --
    "I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly dreaming I am a man"

My Finished Stuff
    ............. Some of my 3D Stuff (POVRay)

Basically the square outside is just something for a guard to sit on. It's the same object as the ones around the Map table inside. I call it a stool but it would work for a small box just the same. Hard to tell the difference looking straight down at it.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Right, not a lot changed here. Put the roof poles back in and gave them more of a wood texture. Changed the scale reference to just show the radius. I didn't thicken them because if you check a wiki with pictures they are pretty small. The strength comes from the number of them.

Fixed that heinous white area around the outside stool/box. Moved my sig yet again...good grief, I just can't figure where I want it.

Still need to add some text.
    Still need to finish the boarder. Not sure what to do on this, I think I suck at borders.

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Yurt stepsave.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	1.78 MB 
ID:	28372  
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

Added some text. still need to create a Title.

I read the Challenge instructions again to make sure I was following them. I see a lot of hooks being created which is great fun but according to what is required not necessary. For a moment I thought I had to come up with a scenario but this a map of a location so hopefully this is fine.

### Latest WIP ###

Views:	29 
Size:	2.76 MB 
ID:	28387  

If anyone sees anything major on this please let me know. Unless the cut off drags I will be unlikely to put much more into this right now, RL work this week is hellacious and today I just came home and collapsed. Big job, big pay, but man oh man, the grind is rough.

Against all sense I have stayed up when I should have been sleeping. If I get sick it's going to be because of this YURT, LOL

I drew a camel and loaded up a Yurt on his back for one of the corner inserts. He was a speed drawing so nothing special but I think he came out great.

Fixed a couple typos. Added the Title "The Yurt" and just a couple small things.

Depending on my exhaustion levels I may or may not be on tomorrow night. I will probably check in in about 6 hours though before I head out.

### Latest WIP ###

Views:	29 
Size:	2.70 MB 
ID:	28402  

This is the same as above but with the roof poles at full visibility. Not sure if I should submit this with them on full or as I have it in my last wip shot.

Would have posted this in the last one but in case I didn't get back i was worried about the thumb scraper getting confused.

Name:	Yurt stepsave2.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	2.79 MB 
ID:	28403  

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

looks good... like all the colors - only one thing left to say.. GO YURT!
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Extra kudos for the camel!
    "Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government."

My Albums - My Portfolio

So, I might be able to work some more on this tonight. I just need to figure out what it needs most. In my mind I'm thinking of a few things I could do:
    1) deeper shadows around taller items such as the tables and chests.
    2) Outside terrain, maybe a couple trees or something, perhaps some washed out greens?
    3) I'm still not totally satisfied with the blanket/curtain partitions. I'm not sure if I have a better way to show them however I could mess around with that.

If any of these ideas seem solid or if you have any other suggestions I am happy to hear it.

Hopefully I will be back before too late and I will have energy for it.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast