Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: *** August/September Lite Challenge - Rorschach Map Challenge ***

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Okay, question: do our maps have to be the same 1000x1000 size as the base?

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'd say as long as you use the shape you'd be fine ... I'm surely planning to go beyond 1000x1000 and was actually a little surprised by the low res
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

In one of the entry threads I asked about this because someone had blown the image up to a larger size. It's fine so long as you use the shapes from what I understand.

So now, when I get back to this one I will have to expand my image up because it's rough working in mini-mode.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

One week I'm gone and now I come back to find a whole bunch of entries What has happened? Maybe this challenge was so non-specific everyone could find something in it... I hope I can find my way through all threats. This is sure to be a very tough decision- can we please vote for at least two maps?
    Now that the warm fuzzy part is over we can get back to the ritual dismemberments. Oh wait, it's not Tuesday is it?

Blog Entries

I think the votes are one pr five entries ... I hope its one pr "begging" five entries ... and wonder if one pr 4 entries actually would be better all around
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Yes, it's one per five entries - so youll definitely be voting for more than one this time round. Great to see such a high turnout. Well done everyone!

Sorry for being quiet on this over the last week - moving house. But we're all done now.

To answer the question about size - you are absolutely allowed to blow up the size. No need to stick to 1000x1000. You can also rotate it as wel, as long as the shape is still visible in the final map.

Blog Entries

you move around a lot - don't you?
    so is that 5 for every time we begin counting to five? (ie at 1, 6, 11 and so forth) or 5 every time we reach five (5, 10, 15 and so forth) ... I hope its the first - that makes for betting voting in my humble opinion
    regs tilt

All I can say is this is the "Lite Challenge" and it seems to me to be more of a Mosh Pit of Awesomeness this go 'round. There are so many great entries that if I hadn't already jumped in, and if I didn't need more work to show, I would probably have sat this one out. Still, it is great to see so much enthusiasm!
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

You have no idea how much thought goes into something so simple. We've been wracking our brains for months and months trying to figure out how to increase participation in the Lites. Maybe we got it right finally. Yay us
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Blog Entries

you sure did something right... and I guess people coming back from holiday with new energy helps too... and a lot of new mappers are picking up the glove - thats cool
    regs tilt

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast