Thread: How can i help?

Help How can i help?

Hi... Uhm. How can i help? Are you guys finished with the region? Because.. If you are, can we move on? I wanna contribute!

We're nowhere near finished! Take a look through the maps and the wiki, see if there's something that inspires you, and if there's not already a map made of it dig in! As of now, most of the big tiles are done, but very few of the towns, cities or other sites are mapped, and I think some regional-level maps could still be done. The big tiles span around 400 - 600 miles each, so there's plenty of space within them for more maps. Personally, I'd like to see more areas in Groam and the Beastlands detailed.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Blog Entries

On my sig is a CWBP place index. Its a list of threads for each region (tile) in the set. The tile set image map is in the wiki. A movie of some of the places is here. Some tiles have barely anything detailed in about them at all. You can do from pretty large regional map down to village and anything in between. If you want to make a map just start a new thread call it "[Map 12] [Location 06] Death valley" or similar like all the others then it will get picked up with the CWBP location indexer. We have no preferred style or any constraints except that we ask people to integrate in with existing stuff or neighbors maps so it makes sense or joins up ok. Also note that the whole thing is CC licensed so its all free but anything you derive and post on it also must be CC licensed as NC-BY-SA. If your unsure about that then ask. You can post into the wiki as well detailing all about your location - it might get edited tho as is the way of the wiki.

I would really, REALLY like to see some more regional stuff. When you look at published campaign worlds--Forgotten Realms, for instance-- there are dozens of regions as well as independent city-states and whatnot. Think the Silver Marches, or the Dalelands. The CWBP is littered with town after town, but only very few unified regions. It'd be great to see someone take a good section of an existing tile and flesh it out into something a bit more.

There's my .02.

-IG

nija12s

I would request him to wait for one more week if possible. I have almost finished the job. Only some small cities are remaining to be mapped. As pointed out by midgardsormr I would like to detail some areas in Groam and Beastlands. I am sure that everything will be over by December 6.

Hi, guys.

If I can help with some small, modest thing - I'll be happy. My map-making talents rather small, but Im not unfamiliar with setting-building. Also I can't help with any text content (my english bad) - graphical only.

Ok, thanks for clarification. I think I pick up some small village or town to make a start.