Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RPGtonight Saturday Night Rumble starts Nov. 17th

Software Dev/Rep

Quote Originally Posted by pyrandon View Post
    unless there are some amazing features I do not yet know that MT has that I don't yet know?
    Did you know maptool does dynamic line of sight calculations that directly interact with the fog ? That there's a "visited but but visible" soft fog like you find in RTS games ? The most recent development work is making vision and light interact with each other so you can say "My player is an elf" and get twice the visible area based on the current light sources in the area ? Each player also has their own view of the map.

If you knew those already, my bad

Software Dev/Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Naryt View Post
    Speaking of that, I've yet to see a way in MapTool to evaluate GURPS Success Rolls properly (even with using Tables).
    Thanks for the great write up naryt ! I'm always looking for ways to make MT better.

On a side note, this kind of functionality works fantastic in orpg because of the ability to put in your own full scripting. I've resisted putting full blown scripting in for a couple reasons, which are probably pretty boring to anyone but me. But we'll get there I love these kinds of posts though because they are very inspiring to me to get to work !

Software Dev/Rep

Another thing I think orpg (and rpgtonight) does well is connecting people. There are established servers that you can connect to and communicate with others. Recently I put a server list into the Connect to Server dialog in MT so that you can see who else is playing. Soon I'll introduce a formal Observer/Lurker role so people can connect and see what's going on.

And do the creators of ORPG put in that kind of effort and customer service?

Thanks trevor!!
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by trevor View Post
    Thanks for the great write up naryt ! I'm always looking for ways to make MT better.

On a side note, this kind of functionality works fantastic in orpg because of the ability to put in your own full scripting. I've resisted putting full blown scripting in for a couple reasons, which are probably pretty boring to anyone but me. But we'll get there I love these kinds of posts though because they are very inspiring to me to get to work !
    Most welcome, always happy to help improve a product...even one on the dark side.
    Innkeeper at the Darkwood Inn. The Foul Punster of the Cartographers' Guild!

Better role playing than dragon slaying!

Quote Originally Posted by RPMiller View Post
    And do the creators of ORPG put in that kind of effort and customer service?

Thanks trevor!!
    Hehe, the creators? No, they're more like the "Ancients" of the Traveller games. The current developers though, yes they're quite active and responsive.

<parry><thrust><dodge>

Quote Originally Posted by Naryt View Post
    Hehe, the creators? No, they're more like the "Ancients" of the Traveller games. The current developers though, yes they're quite active and responsive.

<parry><thrust><dodge>
    And they'll be coming here when?
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

And they'll be coming here when?
    Hopefully, not for a very long time. I'd rather they were working on the application.

<clack><clang><swoosh><chortle>

Ho ho! Touche! Well met!

If they are working on it when was the last update?

Ho ho! Touche! Well met!

If they are working on it when was the last update?
    07 Dec 2007

<clang><clackity clack clack>

Hehe....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast