Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: RPGtonight Saturday Night Rumble starts Nov. 17th

LOL...

And was it new features that you now have to learn, or was it just fixing problems?

*dodge* *parry* *thrust*

EDIT: On a side note, there is now talk of finalizing the current beta build of 1.3 into a release version and so discussions about features and what not are going on. If you wanted to throw any comments into the mix I'm sure they would be appreciated, or perhaps jump in when the 1.4 build gets started.
    Last edited by RPMiller; 12-10-2007 at 02:46 PM.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by RPMiller View Post
    LOL...

And was it new features that you now have to learn, or was it just fixing problems?

*dodge* *parry* *thrust*

EDIT: On a side note, there is now talk of finalizing the current beta build of 1.3 into a release version and so discussions about features and what not are going on. If you wanted to throw any comments into the mix I'm sure they would be appreciated, or perhaps jump in when the 1.4 build gets started.
    I should have mentioned that the "don't want a slew of new features smacking me in the face each week" is more due to the cadre of friends with whom I play. To call some of them technophobes would be far too strong but saying that updates make some of them rather nervous would be highly accurate. The reason any of that matters to me is that I'm the techoguru for most of the group and when new things come up, I always feel that I need to be the one to explain/help/fix/unfix problems (not from peer demands but just because I'm wired that way). IOW, fewer changes = less down time and more game time. As changes are rolled out about once a month (much faster when school is out or when the change is a critical bug fix), it keeps interruptions to game flow to a minimum.

OpenRPG 1.7x is in a feature freeze right now with most updates being minor improvements to existing features. 1.8 is still in alpha and so while it boasts a number of new features, it's not available for general use yet.

So, the last update was a feature improvement and some small fixes for previous feature improvements.

Oh, I completely forgot to mention: For me, personally, one of the strong points of OpenRPG is that every user has full access to the source code. When I come across a bug, I can track down where the problem is and suggest a fix or even submit the fix myself.

<twiddle><twitch>

As to suggesting updates, make it more like OpenRPG?

<parry><riposte>

Seriously, if I could write a dice roller that would handle GURPS rolls as elegantly as my OpenRPG roller along with having an easy way to update all my character rolls (I currently export the node as XML, do my editing in a text editor and then reload the node...makes for very fast editing for a large number of skill rolls) then I would take a serious look at selling MapTool to my cohorts.
    Last edited by Naryt; 12-11-2007 at 10:22 AM.
    Innkeeper at the Darkwood Inn. The Foul Punster of the Cartographers' Guild!

Better role playing than dragon slaying!

MapTools code is also open. Just have to ask trevor for the link.

Yea, once trevor gets the scripting added, I think a lot of the OpenRPG strengths will be leveraged in MT.

Can you share your GURPS roller with me? I would be interested to see what all it does. We were using an ORPG Hero system roller that did a fair amount as well. I would like to see what all you have the GURPS roller doing. Perhaps I can offer some solutions or ask the other GURPS MT users how they are doing things.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by RPMiller View Post
    MapTools code is also open. Just have to ask trevor for the link.

Yea, once trevor gets the scripting added, I think a lot of the OpenRPG strengths will be leveraged in MT.

Can you share your GURPS roller with me? I would be interested to see what all it does. We were using an ORPG Hero system roller that did a fair amount as well. I would like to see what all you have the GURPS roller doing. Perhaps I can offer some solutions or ask the other GURPS MT users how they are doing things.
    Email sent.
    Innkeeper at the Darkwood Inn. The Foul Punster of the Cartographers' Guild!

Better role playing than dragon slaying!

Received and replied.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234