Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GlennZilla's Own Little World

Wow--Glenzilla, this is awesome! Thank you soooooooo much! You did a couple nifty tricks there I don't think I would have figured out on my own! Excellent! Thanks a million!
    Don
    My gallery is here
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "Keep your mind in hell, but despair not." --Saint Silouan [1866-1938]

Hmmm not a great result first time...time to try again!

I love the way you can change the altitude in real time by fiddling with the levels adjustments and watching the snow caps increase and decrease in size.

Ravs
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	testmap.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	189.0 KB 
ID:	1562  

Guild Journeyer

Yeah, it looks like you might want to adjust the levels on the maps. It looks like you are getting some blobs of pure white. That ends up with mountians plateau-ing at the top of your elevation range. There's also a lot of smaller islands.

To fix that you want to make the layer with the rough landmasses a little less white and more black with a curves/levels adjustment. The slightly gray whites will help the highest peaks come out at as peaks and not flat plateaus. The darker greys will make the oceans a bit more "open" and decrease the number of small islands.

Absolutely amazing job, I decided to take a go at the tutorial too, and to be honest I LOVE!! the results, here is a little meshed together, piece with the different zones I may use (not in those places but over exaggerated for you guys to see the difference between them) What do you think? And what about the colors for the different areas? good? bad?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Map.png 
Views:	63 
Size:	1.39 MB 
ID:	1564  
    Last edited by Yandor; 11-14-2007 at 08:22 PM.

Guild Journeyer

I think those colors work really well! They are different enough that it's easy to tell what the terrain of each area is.

I know I prefer the colors to be a bit more like a Satellite Photo, and so I personally don't choose the brighter more saturated colors that often. But these constrast so much that each one is clearly defined.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12