Thread: Have a Homebrew World Map needing a pro's touch!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Have a Homebrew World Map needing a pro's touch!

Thanks for your attention

I've an old-school D&D 3.5 DM trying to make it in a 4E world, and with all the changes I've felt compelled to create a new world to commemorate the occasion. I've laid out the general size, shape, and height of the land via photoshop, but I'm sure someone else could do a much better job.

Here's a link to the wiki I've set for the campaign, just for background info about the various regions.
    http://eybiris.wikispaces.com

Whether a simple touch-up or a complete redesign, please feel free to expound on what I've laid out here.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Eybiris-web.gif 
Views:	832 
Size:	2.20 MB 
ID:	28194

Thanks in advance for your efforts to improve my game!

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I think it looks pretty nice as is.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

I can only agree with Ascension. Have a look at some of the tutorials you find here on the site and I bet that you can improve your map to something fantastic :-)
    My finished maps

Mapping Worlds (My blog about mapping)

Imaginary maps (My facbook page devoted to mapping)

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I agree with Ascension - looks really good ... the only thing that "jumped" at me was the "path of blood" that seemed a little dominating concidering all the other elements on the map (but then again - I don't know if its supposed too) ... but try reading some tutorials and perhaps do the map in another style as well - its good pratice
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Thanks

The Path of Blood area was a highlight layer I set in photoshop... I meant to put a transparency on it, but the ground is "saturated with blood", so the standout quality is kinda deserved.

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

Maybe give some examples of what you see it turning into? Looks perfectly use-able to me, but if you wanted it to be redone in a particular style, it would help the potential artist (or yourself, looks like you've got some decent skills to start, and would adapt quickly with suggestions) to know what direction you want it taken (atlas style, satellite view, hand drawn, etc).

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."