Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Project Cosmos - All the non-map art. =p

Default Project Cosmos - All the non-map art. =p

So over the past few weeks I'd been diddling around with the weapons the Humans in my scifi universe would be using. I just finished this rifle tonight. I'm doing the Human military/culture as a mix of contemporary and 30s-50s style.

Next up is an SMG.

Link to higher rez version.

Anyways, I'll be using this thread as a depository for all the art I've done that isn't map related. There will probably be a heavy image dump sometime in the future LOL.

Cheers.

Looks pretty cool.

One suggestion: I would lower the opacity of the stripes in the background. Catches to much attention from the rifle in my opinion.

I'm looking forward to see your next guns!

Quabbe

Here are some varients of the a machine gun. Which ones do you guys think I should use? I'm liking all of them for diferent reasons.

After I decide on an outline I'm gonna start painting it up.

I like #3. That thumb-hole doesn't look like it would be comfortable. And if someone knocked the weapon out of your hand, you'd risk breaking your thumb.

Plus, I just like the modular look of #3.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

If you choose # 1 or 2 you look like you are going with that thumb hole theme for all your weapons. Maybe if they come from the same manufacturer it could serve as a trade mark 'thumb hole'. Number 3 looks compact yet lethal. #2 looks the most intimidating and #1 just looks too dang big to me, unless that forward hand hold also serves to connect to a tripod in which case that rocks the socks.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

I'm really feeling #2 and 3 also. I'm not sure about the thumb hole either because the rifle above doesn't have one and I want the manufacturing philosophy to be consistent. I do like it's aggressive nature though. hmm...

There's a bit of SA80 about these shapes - the stock I guess. If it's an assault rifle then #3 for me.
    --
    "I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly dreaming I am a man"

My Finished Stuff
    ............. Some of my 3D Stuff (POVRay)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Crayons View Post
    There's a bit of SA80 about these shapes - the stock I guess. If it's an assault rifle then #3 for me.
    It's because they have a "bullpup" layout which is gun speak for when the stock contains most of the internal workings of the gun. (Not that I'm into guns, I just spend too much time in the GURPS web forum.)

I think I'm going to go ahead with number three but make some slight tweaks on it. Will post up some progression later.

Here's what I've got so far...

Link to the bigger versions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast