Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Working on my next map - Kingdom of Gibeon

Wip Working on my next map - Kingdom of Gibeon

I have started mapping the second kingdom in my regional view of the world. Eventually, I will map 10 of the kingdoms to this level, and then several others to a little less detailed level. This is my second after Braegor. This kingdom is located NW of Braegor, and the next kingdom that I will do is Isara, which is east of Gibeon and directly north of Braegor.

I still have a ways to go on this, but the basic background colors are done as well as the rivers and roads. I have placed some of the towns/cities, but still have more to go.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gibeon West.jpg 
Views:	255 
Size:	313.5 KB 
ID:	1563  

I must say that my favorite part of this is the way you handle rivers. The way they get wider as they merge just works so well!

-Rob A>

Guild Journeyer

The more I look at this the more I like how it's not crowded or overly detailled. It displays exactly what you might be looking for and doesn't confuse the eye.

Those rivers ARE beautiful. Very natural looking.

My only issue with this map is the light pastel colours. Its probably your personal style and its a matter of preference. But its a great map!
    Joshua
    Graphic Designer
    & Amateur Photoshop Cartographer

Gorgeous, for lack of a better word. Love the shape and planning.
    "Everyone in time has said, there comes a time to join the dead."

http://www.lorestrome.com/

I have done some more work on this map. I have added a little more depth of color to the highlands, and have added the city names. For this map, I don't plan on naming the smaller towns because there are so many, but I still wanted to show them based on their populations.

I need to add a few more river names, and special locations, but this map is almost completed.

Name:	Gibeon West.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	347.4 KB 
ID:	1619  

Ok, after a little debate with myself, I decided to include the whole kingdom on one map. I had originally split the eastern portion of the map off to save on the size of the file, but I decided that I wanted the whole thing on this one map, so here it is.

I still am doing some work on this. One thing that I want to do is to do some kind of "fog of war" over the lands of Elyon, as no outsiders have ever been allowed in that realm, so, other than the coastlines, no maps exist.

Name:	Gibeon - complete copy.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	664.7 KB 
ID:	1695  

This is really nice, landorl. I like it!

If you're creating this in GIMP or Photoshop, it would be easy to just keep Elyon hidden by "blocking out" that fog on a new top layer; that way you'd know what's in there but no one else would. Just an idea--or maybe that's what you planned all along?
    Don
    My gallery is here
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "Keep your mind in hell, but despair not." --Saint Silouan [1866-1938]

I really like the "all in one map". The added parts give it an interesting shape...looks really good... . I love the style of your maps (I know i am repeating myself, but it's true ). Did you ever do a tutorial on how to do a map that looks like this? I'd be very interested... (and most probably way too ambitious ).
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast