Thread: No better time than now!

Default No better time than now!

Just wanted to give a friendly, southern hello to everyone out there! I stumbled across the guild while looking for map building tips. I have been fascinated with maps of all kinds for nearly all my life. I could sit and look over state maps for days and days. Which ended up leading me to creating my own maps. Alot of them, before, were done on graph paper, but since I picked up Photoshop in college, I have been playing around with it some more.

Oh, I'm 27 years old. A dude. From the southern US.

I look forward to being a part of the Guild!

...Though, I do worry about sharing SOME of my maps. My major project right now is a map for a current world/novel I hope to be writing.

Anyway! Good to meet all of you!

Guild Novice

Since I'm brand new here too, and the entire first paragraph above also applies (except the photoshop, which I just got and haven't yet used) I figured I'd combine saying hi to everyone with saying hi to Hidden.

Thanks already for all the tools and tuts you guys have compiled. I have already benefited from them.

I'm trying my hand with Fractal Terrains and CC3, have used Gimp in the past, and hope to begin using photoshop shortly.

As for a bio, raised and live in California, age 29, male.

I'm trying to improve in cartography so I can work on continuing the mapping traditions of the Fargoth Worldbuilding Project, where the founding members have mostly retired from the site, but there is still a trickle of life.

Welcome to the Guild!

Both of you!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Welcome, Hidden. Hope y'all like it here. Glad you could join us too, im_spartacus.
    M

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

welcome to the guild both ... looking forward to seing lots of your maps in the WIP section
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise