Thread: Seandomhan (working title)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip Seandomhan (working title)

Hey Guild,

after my first impressions of this forum I'd like to show you my work until now.
    It's the world of "Seandomhan" (gaelish: "The Old World", working title - because I haven't the ultimate name until now). Seandomhan is a continent map of a bigger world surrounded by a lot of island realms. It's my first self drawn map. The programm I used was Corel Photo-Paint X4 and I followed this tutorial (german language) step by step.

At first I drew the landscape with black border on a white paper. Than I paited the water black and used the first texture for the land.
    After a second layer for the coastline I drew mountains and filled them with rock structures/textures. Than I put the forests on the land - also hand-drawn and filled with texture. For all textures I used a Gaussian unsharp effect with reduced the details ;( but I had no choice because it looked so unreal without.
    At least I reorganized the islands and painted the political borders on the landscape.

As u can see its a very amateur trash map and thats the reason I want to improve my skills in map-making

The original size of the map was 11811x11811 by 300 dpi (I want to print it on a 1 meter x 1 meter paper and put this on the wall next to my desk where I'm writing the stories of this land). I attached the map-progress in 1000x1000 pixel maps

My first next try is to repaint this map with Campain Cartographer 3 to have better woods and mountains a.s.o.

Sorry for bad english - hope u unterstand nevertheless.

o/

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	__seandomhan_sw-Kopie.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	228.9 KB 
ID:	28427Click image for larger version. 

Name:	__seandomhan_weisz_wasser_01-Kopie.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	345.7 KB 
ID:	28430Click image for larger version. 

Name:	__seandomhan_gruen_wasser_schwarz-Kopie.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	507.0 KB 
ID:	28428
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	__seandomhan_gruen_wasser_02_ufer_02_berge_01_wald_01-Kopie.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	548.2 KB 
ID:	28426Click image for larger version. 

Name:	__seandomhan_gruen_wasser_02_ufer_02_berge_01_wald_02_fluss_01-Kopie.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	568.4 KB 
ID:	28429
    Last edited by Sonnenfalke; 08-26-2010 at 01:26 AM.
    http://www.cartographersguild.com/signaturepics/sigpic27022_1.gif