Thread: ]Paying Job -Work-For-Hire- RPG -CONFLICT MAPS

Default ]Paying Job -Work-For-Hire- RPG -CONFLICT MAPS

Heya Cartographers,

I have linked and example of what we are looking for. It serves as a terrific example of the style of map we are looking for. I am really looking for high resolutions that will work with poster-sized prints. The cartographer will need to be skilled in products like photoshop, Xara. The cartographer must have his own textures and objects that can be used commercially.

The linked map has a few features that match what we are searching for.
    They include:
    • In Color
    • Fantasy setting
    . We need a symmetrical design. (see link)
    . A common spot in the center where we can put items or other hollow.
    . No lines of sight from the locations of the hollows.
    . 24' by 36' map with a one inch border. Although there is some flexibly here.
    • A physical divide between sides (walls, buildings, etc )
    • high ground (buildings, hill etc…, this map has balconies.)
    • Multiple entries and exits ( not into or out of the map but to the center or common ground)

What's a hallow? for now consider it a 10x10 space with players will be entering and exiting often and some players will need to protect.

Project Scope:
    If you are interested, this would be a typical work-for-hire agreement where you are paid for your work and the company retains the rights to the item produced.
    If the right person is found, Conflict Games is willing and able to commission any where from 1 to 5 maps base on your schedule and ability.

If you feel you are a match contact us at mscott @ conflictRPG .com

Cheers,
    Conflict RPG
    Last edited by ConflictRPG; 08-27-2010 at 06:41 AM. Reason: typos

Do you mean 24" by 36"? If not that is going to be the biggest map I've ever heard of.

Ok, just read it again, it's got to be 24 inches by 36 inches because that is poster size and a 1 inch border would be ridiculous on a 24 foot by 36 foot map. It does sound like a fun map though, I may use the idea as a basis for my next project just to see how I do.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Blog Entries

24 x 36 @ 300dpi is 7200 x 10800 which is large but by no means ridiculous. One of my challenge entries was bigger than that tho again that was designed to be a poster. My commission for Galrion was 14K poster too. My PSP bails out at >14,000 pix and my app exports bitmaps up to about 20,000 or so. I'm a bit busy right now to be doing another commission at mo tho.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

@redropes - what Jax was referring to was that they accidently wrote feet instead of inches - which would make a rather large map
    Sounds interesting though, I bet someone inhere can make that happen - don't have time myself though .. but good luck with your venture
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

What he said ^^
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

I believe this it taken--the original poster and I worked out all the details, though he hasn't responded to any of my e-mails in the last week... maybe another one of you fine cartographers made him a better offer? I'll update if I get word.
    Last edited by RecklessEnthusiasm; 09-15-2010 at 03:37 AM.

Ah, excellent, he got back to me just after I posted this--I believe you can mark this as taken.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

*** Updated thread to reflect that it has been TAKEN ***
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.