Thread: Questions for CC3 and FT pro

Default Questions for CC3 and FT pro

In FT pro, the temperature display shows temperature in what time of the year?

Can I import my hand drawn map to CC3 or FT pro? What kind of file type should i save my scanned map in?

thx.

FT pro computes temperature and rainfall 4 times in a year and averages them to produce the final results. These values do NOT take into account the effects of air or water heat transport.

The easiest way to get your map into CC3 is to scan it as a BMP and put the image into the background, followed by tracing over it. There are step-by-step examples of this in the ProFantasy forum, if I recall.

Getting a map into FT Pro isn't overly useful, but it's certainly possible to read it as an image overlay. It's important to have the map in the correct projection for FT Pro, which limits its general usefulness. The CC2 export from FT doesn't include image overlay data, making the whoe activity of importing the data into FT less useful that one might hope.

What kind of map projection in FT pro should i use when i want to view the world without any distortion/ 'projection', and can be freely rotated? Is it the Orthographic?

Btw, where can i find complete manual for CC3 and FT pro? Is there one in this forum?
    Last edited by Thereh; 08-29-2010 at 10:10 AM.

It is impossible to display the surface of a globe on a 2D surface without distortion. Orthographic is the proejction you should use if you'd like to get the apeparance of a globe viewed from infinity. You'll have distortions in both angle and area with that projection, though.

The complete manual for both CC3 and FT Pro can be found on your registration page on the ProFantasy web site.

Yes, as long as there's projection, there's distortion. I mean if i want to display the spherical world without, or very little, distortion, at least at the center of view, and can be rotated to 'center' distorted periphery, what should i choose?

thx.

As long as you're interested in relatively small areas then any conformal projection should give reasonable results. It sounds like you would prefer the Orthographic projection, however. Stereographic would also be a good choice for this purpose, I think.