Thread: Hello

Default Hello

Hi folks ! A friend of mine (named Marc) told me bout this site as a gold mine for maps and stuffs like that. And as i could see till now, he is right !!! In fact, my friend marc just finished to write an heroïc fantasy book and asked me to make some maps with photoshop... I'm a quiet newbie in using this software (6 month by self eduction) so, I thinks he is unaware of the challange ! Because i haven't got the habit of forums, I'll take a look on all members productions and hope these may help me (so, my friend too). Sorry for my english, I read it better than i can write it. Best regards from France ! Sylvain

Welcome aboard. You might want to check out some of the tutorials for Photoshop (See the Tutorials section of the forum). Since you already have some familiarity with it you should be able to go through some of those and create some really nice maps.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Welcome to the Guild!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Thank you for your welcome ! I'll check and learn as much as I can... I just have to learn all english menu for photoshop... because their translater used some strange words in comparison of the original meaning... Just need time !

Understood. I believe we have a few others from France here as well so if you get stuck you can probably get some help that way as well.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Thanks ! Gonna search among members location.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

welcome h2o, have no fear - the guild is here ... post your map in the WIP section and we can help and critique
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Thanks ! I think i need some weeks before publishing, but i'll publish . Just need time to see all beautifull things made by members and inspire me

Thanks ! I think i need some weeks before publishing, but i'll publish . Just need time to see all beautifull things made by members and inspire me