View Poll Results: Vote for >>>TWO<<< LOOK AT THAT NUMBER!!!

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Go Yurt! - by Jaxilon

13 27.66%
  • Brushy, Kansas - by mearrin69

37 78.72%
  • Lost Hope - by cereth

22 46.81%
  • Judenaia - by Icestorm008

3 6.38%
  • The Plot Hook Tavern - by ravells

2 4.26%
  • The Tin Man's Map - by Crayons

7 14.89%
  • Noon Hanging - by tilt

1 2.13%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: *** August 2010 Challenge Voting - In the Beginning: A Campaign Starter ***

A vote for Jax's Yurt and Mearrin69 from me. The former because I like the idea and the goat, the latter because I am a huge sucker for flavor text and the wild west. I actually liked the colored version better though! I also love the idea of a balloon reconnaissance unit.

Blog Entries

I'm actually going to hold off on voting for a day or so to give me time to consider. There are actually four I would definitely like to vote for and possibly five. :S

Good work everyone, you've really put me in a quandry.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

wow! VERY nice entries agains guys!
    Crayons: love the concept of the map telling a story (you got me inspired here) combined with the battlemap
    Icestorm: I could almost build a little campaign on this one: great detail+story!
    Jax: creativity+humor rules! also i really like the handdrawn paintery style you did here
    Cereth: very pretty pretty! Love the blue/orange color scheme
    Ravs: Great idea! Collaborative creation can be real fun!
    Mearrin: this one is looking very good! Love the style, overal composition and the map looks very good too.
    tilt: concept is really cool (I really dig this kind of campaign starters... throw the party in a seemingly hopeless situation right from the start, too bad it doesnt seem quiet finished yet)

oh yeah, votes, hmm.... they all shouting 'pick me!'.... ok I picked Mearrin and Cereth... but great job all and thanks for entering... and have some rep
    cheers!

I knew I should have had Mongolian cheer leaders in there chanting "Go Yurt, Go Yurt!"
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

I heard 'em Jax...or was it the devil rug? Not sure but I felt strangely compelled to vote for your entry. In fact, that might be why I only placed one vote. That's it. The devil made me do it...not my inability to read and follow simple instructions.
    M

I voted for tilt and mearrin69. Tilt's vote was based off me reading The Serpentwar Saga by Raymond E Feist recently and I do love a good hanging because of it. Mearrin had an awesome concept and went for it. Good submissions everyone!
    Cheers, Julien

Battlemaps, Town Maps, Tutorials.
    All my maps and content are posted and published under this Creative Commons License. Click Here for information on licensing.

Guild Novice

Thank you all for the praise and rep! I was delighted to use this challenge to improve my cartography skills and further develop this campaign I've been working on. I know Judenaia was not as specific or well designed as the other entries, but I hope some of the flavor of my imagination has sparked you all in some way. I plan to continue constructing the rest of the Empire Above and revamping some of the maps that were rushed along already =) If you are interested, the next map in the campaign, Tuls, is in the WIP section, and I plan to get back to working on that (and polishing off Judenaia, time permitting). Again, thank you for all your help and congratulations to all the other finalists!

Guild Novice

Cereth almost got my vote, but I couldn't tell where--however nice the map is--the PCs started (a planet seeming a little large for a starting location to me).
    Ice almost got a vote on the plot hooks alone. Great imagination.
    Tilt might have had me if he had had some time to clean up the map a bit (parts of the path still looked like they had seams).
    For me the fluff of Mearrin's map did it, although the sepia map/photo was still beautiful.
    My other vote went to Crayons for the pictographic map as a hook more than the battlemap starting point.

Good job everyone, I defenately could learn a lot from each of you.

Didn't get the chance to finish mine, and it wasn't intended for voting but no matter. Great work all! I went for mearrin and Cereth. Great presentation both. Hard choice as the other entries were really good as well. Well done everyone!

Ok, I would either start at Tilt's, Jaxilon's or mearrin's map if it were a game. And since I think that mearrin and Jaxilon's map looked best they get my vote.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast