Never considered my mapping skills on par with the posters here, although I've been aware of CG for years and registered more than a year ago, actually. Dundjinni forums are where I posted most of my maps, as I used to use DJ exclusively. Over the last 2 years I've migrated to GIMP for primary map creation as I taught myself first by modifying the DJ creations and then by tutorials here. Anyway, Dundjinni forums are down, and have been for the better part of a month.

I'm running a Pirates of the Caribbean campaign at online-roleplaying.com using the Pathfinder rules, and while searching for sailing ships that I could use here (I created the main one for the game, but I don't have the hours to sink into making that many more) I came across someone asking for ship-to-ship combat rules. Bad form, I'm sure, but I posted in that thread first, and then figured I'd better come introduce myself.

Anyway, nice place you all have here. I've learned a lot in the short time I've been crawling through the various tutorials.